BKOOL units, even recent ones, need to have a firmware update to render them compatible with ZWIFT’s use of the FE-C protocol. I recently purchased a BKOOL PRO, but discovered it needed the update. After multiple attempts following instructions given on both the BKOOL and the ZWIFT websites, the unit STILL would not update. Finally, I decided to take more aggressive efforts to minimize ambient interference as best as possible using the below technique:
- Detach motor unit from frame.
- Download BKOOL simulator on to a laptop
- Carry motor, laptop, USB extension cord, and ANT+ dongle to a “remote” area of your residence, as distant as possible from routers, wifi, general electronics.
- Using masking tape, tape the connected ANT+ dongle directly over the LED of the motor unit
- Successfully execute the firmware update
- BKOOL unit now functions properly with ZWIFT.
I think the masking tape part is what really did the trick.
I hope this helps somebody else out, so they do not waste several hours trying to set up their BKOOL trainer for ZWIFT!