Renpho AI Bike - no resistance in game [January 2022] [SOLVED]

In that case we’re screwed, since Renpho is not on officially approved bike list. IMHO, it’s now up to Renpho to make it compatible through firmware update.

nope, your life saver is QZ (qdomyos-zwift) :slight_smile: search it on google :wink:

Will look into it. Can it be installed on apple TV?

nope, the classic setup is QZ on the phone and zwift on ATV

1 Like

Do all features work, i.e. ERG mode as well as normal ride mode?

1 Like

Since QZ is an open source app and community driven, you can help me in order to make your bike fully working providing me logs from your bike.
Have a look at here Renpho Bike · Issue #382 · cagnulein/qdomyos-zwift · GitHub

1 Like

One more question, can QZ run in background so I can run Companion app and Spotify from same device?

On iOS yes, on Android it’s really depend on the ram amount of your phone

1 Like

I’m still able to use ERG for a ‘Training’ ride type and it adjusts the resistance just fine. But when I want to ride a route that’s where I don’t have any resistance when changing the gears. I’ve emailed both Zwift support and Renpho support. Zwift says they have ‘escalated’ my case. No reply from Renpho.

5 Likes

Yes, same here, ERG mode works just fine.

2 Likes

Here too, ERG mode works. Ressistance go automatic up and down…
So i wonder why the ressistance and gears dont work in a free training…

I see here are some new problem topics with other equipment… they have problems to connect over bluetooth (signs the last little update)… i think the last update change something in the bluetooth connection function…

1 Like

I’m having the same problems with my Renpho after the latest zwift update.

i fixed in QZ, so i strongly suggest to contact me in QZ github page

Having the same issues with my Renpho AI Bike in Zwift (except Training modes) since yesterday. Bought the bike just before christmas…

@Roberto_Viola
Is it just buying the QZ App, connecting bike to phone and tablet/notebook to phone as well? No big configuration or coding skills needed?

yes no code skill needed. the only thing is, your bike, could be improved on QZ and in order to do so i need maybe some log from your bike. But I can guarantee that, after these tuning, your bike will be 100% zwift compliant as i already did for the rest of the bluetooth bikes. Join the QZ facebook group and you will see it with your own eyes :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply.

Thats sounds good!

The tuning is for my specific bike or a general tuning for all Renpho AI bikes has to be done?

Will wait for a couple of days If it gets fixed by Zwift devs. Otherwise I will buy QZ and look in Facebook/GitHub.

no special tuning is needed, but there are a lot of setting to customize your experience (for example calibrating your wattage if you’re not happy with it) and a lot more!

1 Like

Bit off topic, how is your experience with Renpho bike power accuracy? Has anyone compared it to other bikes or power meters?

Same problem for me. Renpho bike Bluetooth connected to Apple TV. No resistance on freeride but erg workouts are fine.
Also interested in the power accuracy question, I’ve nothing to compare the renpho to but virtual gears in free ride always felt slightly off to me with limited resistance range. I would often just cruise around on gear 16/20, any steep inclines/descents would throw things off. I reduced the trainer difficulty level to 33% which has helped but it’s still not brilliant. ERG mode feels more accurate.

Same issue here. Have a Renpho AI Bike a few weeks ago - first few days worked perfectly fine, then the recent Zwift App update happened and since then noticed no resistance while riding, so it does seem to be tied to the app update. What I have noticed though is that even if I manually change the resistance all the way to the highest gear, it will change the resistance, but then within a matter of seconds still settles in to offering no resistance. If I go into a training program however, it works just fine. Hope this can be fixed soon as I’ve been enjoying the experience that Zwift offers.

1 Like