Private Group Rides

Can we get private group ride/race event scheduling?

For example, if I want to arrange a group ride with my cycling crew where I can create group rides and send invitations to that group and then have a visual feedback of how many people are committed to the ride. The group ride leader would select the route, start time, jersey/kit, and the late-comers would be able to hop-on with the group if they missed the start time.

It would plug into the same notification module, so each committed rider would get a reminder x minutes prior to the group ride.

The private/informal group rides could be setup as either one-off events, or with a repeating schedule (e.g. Tuesday & Friday mornings at 6:30AM)

1 Like

Been suggested a few times, make sure you vote up the existing ones so Zwift knows what the users what.

Yes please activate this feature…it would be really really nice

will do…this will be a cool feature!

yeah im really interested in creating group rides for my club, but only be open to my club memebrs by invite only - zwift is there any plans to introduce such?

I would also like this feature. I coach a youth MTB team and would love to have virtual rides during the winter just for the kids. Willing to pay extra each month for this feature. Thanks.

This would be a really cool feature!

Has there been any response from the Zwift team on this? 

No nothing yet

Yes…make it happen. I am surprised this hasn’t already been completed.

Same here. Why is Zwift not responding? Do we need to issue a separate request?

Many of us are looking for this feature to be implemented. It would take Zwift to the next level and attract a lot more riders. Not sure why it doesn’t seem to be getting any attention?

This is the ONLY reason I joined ZWIFT–thought it was already one of the features.

Ingrid,

Zwift has stated that it is definitely coming but would not give a date, you can hear it on the latest Zwiftcast: https://zwiftcast.com/

Sooooo… Any news on having a new “workout with friends” option?

Because computer games have been able to be multi played over communications lines like 30 years ago… Come on now.

1 Like

Any news on that topic? I´d love to have “private” groupt workouts, races or rides, too :slight_smile: That would be great…
It would also be a great tool for online coaches…