I wish the director of UI reads this post and welcome this as genuine feedback for next major update. this is no BS or bashing.
Straight to the points:
- Main menu interface
- There is no direct way to join participle event / meet-up, you must start the ride when wait for the pop up at the bottom left
- there is no setting button to configure the “GAME” setting, you must start the ride, then click on menu to get access
- there is no direct access to customise menu; you must start the ride --> menu —> My Garage menu. Imagine riding outdoor, what’s the chance of changing equipment or bike while riding outdoor for a regular cyclist.
- there is an “Add Goal” button, which is least important, waste of main menu space; ZWIFT companion is the right platform to have this
- Event is the main talking point for ZWIFT compare to other e-platform; however, direct access to event is missing at main menu;
- you need ZWIFT companion to mark the event; then they will only shows on left upper conner. why?
- “Challenge” is hidden inside pause menu
- who on earth need to check the “challenge” at the middle of the ride?
this can be done at main menu.
I have used ZWIFT on Mac, PC, iOS. i understand the need of similarity across all platforms. However, the amount clicking to complete is a task defy the reason we have touch screen in the first place. When multi-touch took over the world, the killing feature is the intuitive and directness to the function, but, ZWIFT is killing it.
Furthermore, i can imagine, if you fix all mention above, it can help on your server workload, you don’t need a rider go into the “Game” , park roadside, just because the person wants to access to setting / My Garage menu. It saves lots of your rendering power at cloud.
Again, I sincerely welcome major UI improvement on upcoming update, take a look major game title, like CoD, Fornite, PUBG, FIFA, how they design the interface, how user can configure everything before get into the GAME. You select your gears before you go into war-field; not go into war-field, then only pick your weapons (please have some common sense here)
(I’m considering unsubscribe the premium as i feel humiliation every time i use this poor UI, i believe many share the same feeling)