Please improve Training Plan schedule flexibility

I had half marathon yesterday and skipped one session of my current workout, which seems important. Any chance I can make it available again within my plan? Or perhaps somebody knows a tip how I could do it “outside” my plan without stopping or restarting it?

I hear you, and this is an entirely reasonable workaround or approach. I think what the community likes is the app pushing them with the workouts timing out, they like the structure of the pre-canned plans, they like not having to mimic the plan with a la carte options, but they just want some degree of flex within that framework when life gets in the way. I think if you could push a workout a day or two, maybe 3 times within say a 12-week plan it would be idea. Does that make sense?

2 Likes

Dear Zwift !
I also support the idea of a “pause” feature on a training plan

I read your argument to “avoid overtraining” “do not correspond to a real training plant” etc … I do not agree with your arguments for “not doing this function” !
And, I canceled my registery to Zwift fo this !

The absence of this function does not correspond to the reality with a REAL coach … If you are absent a few days for professional reasons or… “sick” … what can happen,… a REAL coach will allow you to resend your training where he had arrived !
If the absence is too long it may come back a bit in the formation plan, but NEVER it will force you to go back to ZERO or skip the steps !

I am very irritated that because of a few days of illness or it would not have been correct to climb on a bike, (38°c fever) to see me ejected and refused by your program the posibility to resume my training plan where he had arrived but to have all over again !
It is disappointing that Zwift does not tolerate a user getting sick !! :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

My suggest :
Add a Switch “make a break” … with a correct delay for example 1 week max !
Beyond 1 week, the program requires you to go back in progress, but under no circumstances does it require you to skip the steps of progression or go back to zero ! ( Or only if the break are exeded 3 weeks )

ALSO, I am also irritated by a “delay” malfunction !
On the windows about you plan program you read " exemple ; Do By Saturday Night " …
The problem, 24h00 before, the plan are already “Unavailable”
Yesterday, Friday … I read for my program windows … Do By Saturday Night … this Saturday “MORNING” … my workout is already unavailable
You mislead users with misleading time limit data

Sorry for bad English, I’m french rider !

In this exemple captured this Saturday Morning, you read Unavailable … but Friday, that’s write, before Saturday night …

And if people disapproves a break switch, nothing forces them to use it, we train before all for ourselves

5 Likes

Thank you Hakon for this solution,
Yes that’s give a solution for more flexibility and build myself my “Fondo program” without date restriction ! …
Just, that’s sad, it is not possible download directly the workouts want in .zwo format from Whatsonzwift … :\ … It’s a long time for everyone to copy minute by minute for 4 week of program… lol

Hi Zwift development team, @Gerrie_Delport

I fully agree with Manuel Bigot, that allowing to go back a few exercises once you’ve been out of business for a few days is a neat way of picking up a training program where you’ve left it. I noted that there is an “undo” option now for exercises completed - so that should work in theory as long as the future exercises are not set to unavailable since we’ve missed them. Programming this should be straightforward imo.

Also, another example - as I am going on a triathlon training camp in 2 weeks’ time, I am sure that my fitness will drastically improve. The “pause” functionality would be great then as well - I presume that when I update my FTP after this that this flows straight into the wattages of the training program, so that is cool.

Finally, being capable of adding a few more weeks to a plan already started is the cherry on the cake. I reckon that if we do an FTP test after having completed a plan and then relaunch a new plan, that covers that area. Please focus on the pause or preventing the locking-when-missed features, that will solve all worries.

Cheers,
Jay

Hi Jeroen, although I do feel honored that you include me in the development team, I am just a passionate zwift user. :slight_smile:

I do agree that there is room for improvement, I am suggesting alternative ways to do the training that may solve your problem.

Hi Gerrie,

Yes I realized later :slight_smile:

Yes and no - if you cannot at will “pause” a training program, then the whole feature of the training programs is just a waste

Cheers

J

3 Likes

Zwift staff,

Why have you not changed this issue or replied? 66 comments deserves a response. Especially after jacking our monthly rate up. FIX THE PROBLEM ZWIFT!!! Allow us to unlock days during the “Training Plan Schedule.”

If you can’t fix the problem, then don’t have any of the training plan days locked. Unlock them all. This is super ridiculous. I did a workout last evening at 5pm and today I’m locked out of my workout. *yes I know you you can manually select the workout from the non training plan schedule, but that defeats the convenience and purpose of a training plan.

PLEASE FIX THIS ZWIFTLY(swiftly)

Thank you,

Bryce

6 Likes

Zwift is there a way to make another Build Me Up 12 week plan for those of us that have really irratic schedules where we can kind of do it at our own pace. For me it’s getting my seat toughen backup for these long rides after multiple surgeries in my abdominal area over a few years. I haven’t been able to ride consistently, but would like a plan to follow, but because of school and coaching schedules I can’t stay on the current build me up timeline. Even a calendar of recommended rest periods between certain ride would help.

1 Like

I missed 2 sessions that had the same deadline on them yesterday as I opted to go for an actual outdoor ride, needed a rest day. Now my next workout isn’t due for 4 more days. If Icould have postponed that workout by just a day or 2 I’d have been able to do it all.

We need flexibility to book in times where we can do them. ‘available for training’ slots if you like. Block out slits where we normally do real rides, any goals/aspirations (big rides or races) and then adapt the length of the plan to fit accordingly. :+1:

4 Likes

I am shocked to see zero response from anyone at Zwift after months and many replies.

I just got locked out of a workout I was looking forward to because of work. What a joke.

I am now canceling after years of membership.

4 Likes

I’m in the middle of a cycling training program, but will have a couple of separate weeks away from home without access to a smart trainer, during its running period.

Without being able to pause the program while I am away, I will lose the ability to do the workouts which are released during my absence as they will have have disappeared by the time I get home.

Can we EITHER have more flexibility in when the workouts are released, OR the ability to pause the program (eg for a week) to ensure this doesn’t happen (OR BOTH)?

1 Like

I just wanted to chime in and say, I really want this feature as well. Create the workouts for me, recommend when I should do the workout, but don’t prevent me from skipping a workout if I couldn’t make it to my trainer.

1 Like

I would prefer a weekly schedule, so you pick a trainingplan which suits you. You have 4 days of training and Zwift puts a timeline on them, say on Thursday training 1, Wednesday 2, Friday 3 and Sunday 4 as the best way for your body and recovery. But the only deadline would be on Sunday evening at 12 pm at the end of the week. :ok_hand:t2:

I have the “problem” that I work in a supermarket, sometimes I work in the evening until 9 pm and have to start the following morning at 6 am. Then I do a workout afterwards, but when I have to work the follow day from 12am to 9 pm, I can’t do the work out because it said I have to rest another 4 hours. :no_bicycles:

So just like the training plans which are available at this moment, but then with an advice roll for beginners and no deadlines. So you can do all the work outs from Monday until Sunday on the moment which suits you best.

I also like the suggestions to “pause” the work out plan, sometimes you have other stuff on you schedule, want a more relaxing recovery week then plannend or because of a vacation which your family want’s you to join them. :crazy_face:

Hoping for some response or feedback from Zwift, but it’s not that I would cancel my membership. It’s more like, I started several training plans in the 4 yours I’m :big_z:wifting, but never finished one… :no_entry:

Please pardon me if there is any gaffe with this post, it is my first post. I just emailed the Zwift support completely unaware of the forum, and the support, kind enough, even though they might have seen this request very many times pointed me to the forum. Having said that, yes, I too have the same issue. I have sudden travels on work that comes up. I would really like to pause my work out so that I dont miss out on the training programs.
Zwift could also have this setup in a few different ways, you can restart exactly where you stopped from after you come back, or restart by repeating the last training and continue.
Another way is where the missed training can come back later when Zwift deems the user is fit enough for that specific training - might be required when you had higher power training - Tempo, or Threshold which was to follow Endurance. But this capability would really help! Thanks, Ashrith

if some workouts are missed why not create a mandatory reset point. Example, require the participant to go back 3,4,5 ? weeks and restart the plan from that point so all effort and gains are not lost?

1 Like

Please remove start times and finish times within the week… leave the whole week open to do when ever works for the user. Also add in a pause plan for users that need to pause holidays or what not.

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more , Zwift stop acting the ■■■■ and fix this please

1 Like

Another +1 for this. I’m trying to pick a training plan because I’m addicted to zwift after a few weeks of use, but it’s also the middle of summer. I can’t zwift 5 days a week and bike outside 5 days a week, or my wife will suffocate me in my sleep. Please allow pause feature, so I can be around for my kids.

1 Like

If you have the option of riding outside 5x/week - just don’t start a plan now. This seems pretty simple. Or - if you’re really serious about focused training w/ a goal - ride outside less.

I get that it’s tough to do when the weather is great. I just spent Saturday and Sunday mornings doing pretty intense 90 min indoor sessions even though it was BEAUTIFUL outside.

But… I’m going to go against the grain here and say it: I like the ‘inflexibility’ of the training plans, because it forces me to get the workouts done and stay on-track, even when things get tough. Especially then, in fact, because that’s when I need it most.

I just finished week 10 of the ‘Build Me Up’ plan yesterday. I missed 3 workouts very early on (Week 2, iirc) but haven’t missed any since. With only 2 weeks to go, I’m determined to stick to the plan. I’ve been impressed by the effectiveness of the workouts and the progress I’ve made so far.

Re: time with kids - during the week, I do the workouts at night after my kids are asleep. On weekends, I keep my youngest son’s (4yo) bike on an old fluid trainer right next to mine. He and his brother love ‘training with Dad’ and cheering me on. That’s time I couldn’t spend with them if I was outside and training hard. So there’s that…

3 Likes