Personal Best Bot

No names, no pack drill! :smiley:

1 Like

I’d argue that the “no brainer” title should go to Fix the 30 Day PR. But it appears that the votes lost from this topic have been awarded to that one, so…

1 Like

The last I saw any topics on this was 2020. Any latest updates? Seems like it should be rather easy given cyclo computers already have this feature.

Here’s a vote for that. I think Rouvy has this feature.

How nice.

Here is an item appropriate to the “Feature Requests” section: merging a thread adds up the votes of both threads.

Yes, Right :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:… Zoon…

Looks like this is coming very soon!

https://support.zwift.com/en_us/holographic-replay-faq-BJq2ez4yj

3 Likes

I think this is a game-changer for me; no matter what time I go on Zwift I’ll have someone to race!

If this was in place now, I think I’d be back on Zwift next week. But the timeframe given is “in the coming months”, which is the same timeframe they gave for the new Home screen last year. And when I stopped my subscription in spring, I still had the old Home screen.

I really hope this comes in soon rather than Zoon!

1 Like

While we have yet to see the implementation, if its based on your PR’s and you dont ride with a TT bike, i.e. your PR’s are based on drafting in fast group rides or races, then I’m not seeing that this is going to be as useful as people hope. No way in hell can I keep up with my PR’s without drafting. Zwift could surprise and do some funky stuff, but they rarely do.

If you live on a TT bike, you’re a winner.

2 Likes

If the PRs are taken from any ride, the bot will only be useful for climbing segments.

1 Like

99% certain it doesnt include race/event prs.

2 Likes

99% of my Zwifting is racing :frowning: I guess I have to start setting the freeride PRs from the start with the bot.

Thx for info James. Back to the hills it is.

I did a crit on LaGuardia reverse last weekend and my final sprint was a 90 day PR.

When I did another lap on my cooldown, my bot was slower than that sprint.

I think I’m good with this approach - group rides and races will have inflated draft which won’t be giving what an accurate PR is for your own performance. Also, when racing you wouldn’t be able to see the bot either (because that would be a bit weird!)

Zwift more.

4 Likes

Or rather freeride more :wink:

Pace Partners! Come and say hello to the new ones :slight_smile:

And on a TT bike

3 Likes

Massive draft, no? Potentially bigger than a race, with CE.

I guess it all comes down to how you use them. I never use Pace Partners for race pace efforts, always Z1-3.

What I do like is seeing the splits from lap to lap and seeing if I’m ahead or behind from the previous lap time.

1 Like

It could be cool if I could turn on the PR bot in a race when I’m approaching a KOM segment and use the bot for pacing the climb. Maybe even to be able to set a target time or pace for a segment and use the bot for pacing (not in a race). It would be ideal for the ADZ.

3 Likes

There’s so many possible improvements that we can make to them. I really like the idea of a “ladder” where you have you position in a group, and you can challenge people up to three spots above you - if you beat their segment, you take their spot on the ladder.

3 Likes