Personal Best Bot

I feel this is one of those features which would be so good, if it was easy to do, Zwift would have done it by now.

I’m sure it will happen one day, but they might have to tackle the issue that Zwift may not have recorded all PBs on sprints, KOMs and course records up until now. I think there’s a good way round that issue though.

PB Bot always comes up but I think there will be big problems with the execution and it won’t work for most people the way it is imagined.
Most of us probably don’t have a “personal best” for a specific course.
We have “the best time for the conditions” for that course.
I’m talking about drafting.
Most rides are a combination of our own effort and the efforts of others.
We could have PB times for courses done on a TT bike or turn off the drafting on a road bike.

2 Likes

I see your point on drafting conditions changing but we compare Strava segments in real life even though the wind is different every time, and I’d love a real life “PB bot” if it was possible!

Having different PB bots for TT or non-TT bikes could be good. When you haven’t done a course before it would just be like Mario Kart - you only have a PB bot when you have a PB.

1 Like

I agree with you.
Strava segments tend to be a worst case example of lots of things.
I wish Strava could cancel or block KOM attempts on certain routes if the wind is blowing to strong.
People look at the weather report and try to go get a KOM.
They should wipe out all KOM and start over with improvements.
Also, remove any virtual attempts on a real life seg. (Maybe this is already done).

1 Like

Im new to Zwift and was really disappointed to learn this is not available. Im so driven by bettering my own PB’s in almost anything I do. Its an excellent incentive for everyone as its a fair and honest goal that’s achievable and beatable because it’s you v you.
Really hope this is implemented soon. Its a big enough issue to spend my subscription elsewhere if I find another alternative.
Everything else on Zwift though is A1.

Another vote for ghost PB rider, I’m also new to Zwift and amazed this feature is not available.
People have been asking for 4 years, please tell us if this is actually going to happen or if we are all just wasting our time.

1 Like

Awooga!

Anyone who voted for this, please vote for it again.

We had a bit of an oopsie earlier, and the thread inadvertently got merged into another. It’s back in its original place, but all the 772 votes it had are lost.

2 Likes

Because, you know, more votes guarantees that Zwift will implement it! :rofl:

2 Likes

Maybe not, but at least they can’t say it’s because no one wants it.

3 Likes

I can’t see how to vote for it again. It doesn’t let me click it? But it’s still saying I voted for it previously, even though I’m not in the 6. I think the resolution is for Zwift to just deliver this. It’s the biggest no-brainer out there.

1 Like

It was me that broke it.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure @James_Zwift had it on his list of popular feature requests already anyway, so no harm done.

1 Like

No names, no pack drill! :smiley:

1 Like

I’d argue that the “no brainer” title should go to Fix the 30 Day PR. But it appears that the votes lost from this topic have been awarded to that one, so…

1 Like

The last I saw any topics on this was 2020. Any latest updates? Seems like it should be rather easy given cyclo computers already have this feature.

Here’s a vote for that. I think Rouvy has this feature.

How nice.

Here is an item appropriate to the “Feature Requests” section: merging a thread adds up the votes of both threads.

Yes, Right :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:… Zoon…

Looks like this is coming very soon!

https://support.zwift.com/en_us/holographic-replay-faq-BJq2ez4yj

3 Likes

I think this is a game-changer for me; no matter what time I go on Zwift I’ll have someone to race!

If this was in place now, I think I’d be back on Zwift next week. But the timeframe given is “in the coming months”, which is the same timeframe they gave for the new Home screen last year. And when I stopped my subscription in spring, I still had the old Home screen.

I really hope this comes in soon rather than Zoon!

1 Like