Pairing issue: GSC-10 and smart trainer

When I previously used a dumb trainer, Zwift automatically recognized and paired with my GSC-10 and HRM.

Since introducing a Tacx smart trainer, Zwift automatically recognizes and pairs with it on startup, so far, so good.

The problem is that I prefer to continue using my GSC-10 (instead of the Tacx) for better cadence accuracy.

Now, every time I start Zwift, it pairs with my smart trainer but always leaves the cadence sensor field blank. I have to use the Search function and select the GSC-10 from the list.

Since all the trainer and sensor info is recorded in the prefs.xml file, why is it necessary to manually pair the cadence sensor every time?

Hi Tony -

There is a bug with remembered devices when it comes to remembering cadence sensors in some configurations. We do have this issue logged and it will be fixed in some future update. I’m very sorry for the inconvenience, since we are small studio we have limited resources and some of these lower priority issues have to wait to be addressed. We will get it sorted when we are able to, though, so stay tuned and Ride On!

OK, thanks for the acknowledgement, Lindsay.

It’s reassuring to know that I’m not doing something wrong.

IIRC, Zwift does remember if I have the Tacx cadence (signal, not sensor) selected, just not the external Garmin sensor.