Pairing Iphone With Laptop

A “quick” question if I may…

I just set up my trainer (Elite Digital) and I am having challenges pairing my phone (Iphone 6) with my laptop (Dell with Win10 OS)…

The laptop does not have Bluetooth so I bought a USB-Bluetooth adapter (Kensington 4.0, had to download the software);

The USB-Bluethooth adapter connects the laptop to my phone and vice-versa BUT the laptop does not connect to to the trainer…

The trainer came with a USB-ANT adapter which connects it well to the laptop fine,

…and the trainer connects fine with my Iphone via Bluetooth…

Perhaps I’m expecting too much? I thought the phone should “control” the session on my desktop? Or is that only true with Apple TV?

Counsel requested…

1 Like

The linking of the Zwift app on the Laptop and the Zwift Mobile Link on the iPhone happens over Wifi not Bluetooth. You MUST make sure that both devices are on the same network in order for them to connect.

Here is a link for you (some of the data screens have been changed since this was posted, but the way it connects is the same): https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/articles/205055065-Zwift-Mobile-Link?section=200993429

That helps, thank you