I would like to make some global view proposition to Zwift, in order to solve some existing problems that I’ve noticed as a Zwift user.
What: creation of One Unique Zwift social eco-system
As a Zwift user I’ve noticed several problems with events, clubs and whole community information organisational issues.
In the present way of user vs Zwift interaction outside of the Zwift software itself and even inside (Zwift and Zwift companion app) could be very challenging and even exhausting to find additional information about clubs, events, general news etc… The present whole “Zwift social eco-system” is not centralized and in some cases parts of this “Zwit social eco-system” are disrupted — but in reality there is no even such a thing as Zwift Social Eco-system yet… What forces the users to be lost easily when searching for simple answers, for more details, info etc… Something that should be simple and straight forward suddenly becomes very chaotic and non-obvious at all.
With this described reality above, I’m proposing to create a One Unique Zwift Social Eco-system. That will facilitate the Zwift users life and allow them to stay inside Zwift in one and only interaction without any need to go outside of the One Unique Zwift Social Eco-system for something that by the logic of the things should be inside.
- Creation of dedicated pages (blogs) for any registered club/ organization under Zwift.
Each club will receive own page under Zwift domain.
Examples: bestclubever1.zwift.com, myclub1.zwift.com or clubs.zwift.com/bestclubever1, clubs.zwift.com/myclub1
Those pages will be used by clubs/organizations in order:
- Update existing members or any interested public with actual club/organization information, news, events;
- recruit new member;
- publish events related to this club/organization (the same events that exists under Events page, but here they are filtered by this specific club/organization — so there should be a direct inter-connection between Events Calendar and the same event’s data on club’s page);
- publish any specific event related additional info, news, updates.
Example: the specific event will be broadcast online from Qwe-Qwe, Zimbabwe by president of the club in person, and he’ll be riding on the horse and comment the event in the same time;
- direct connection/link to dedicated forum topic of this club/organization under Zwift forums with option to bring the latest topics from the club’s forum section to club’s main page;
- all the means of communication with the club: additional social networks, voice channels, administrators, emails etc…
Each club will also receive a dedicated forum section where Zwift users could discuss clubs matters, events etc.
Interconnection between all Zwift apps
- Full integration of One Unique Zwift Social Eco-system inside the main Zwift software and mobile apps: users will be able to interact with Zwift at any time, even outside of their sport activity. The present situation is such that some users don't even know or have no need at all to go to Zwift forum, but do have need for more events info details, clubs details, special news and updates etc…
- The creation of the in-house clubs/organizations/events dedicated pages/blogs will also allow creating in-house data base of users/members of those clubs/organizations what as a result will allow to use this data base as a competition between clubs/organizations.
S imple example: Company X from Quebec opening their own organization cycling/running club under Zwift and Company Y from same region as well. Two companies knows each other and the company/team leaders suggests making a team competition based on bike rides in Zwift. Same example goes well inside one company but different departments. Same example but with pro. cycling teams etc…etc…etc… This service, by the way…, opens a big door to additional business opportunity and B2B services, especially with the very popular in our days “team building” events, “healthy life style”, existing motivational problems inside corporations/businesses and employees orientation towards gaming psycho-types etc, etc, etc… - big door and opportunity ))
Why (from Zwift users perspective): the present situation is such that in order to find more information about event, or club there is a need to go and search for it over the internet. Or even for simple club-based, event-based, group-based interaction need the Zwift users mostly will be forced to go outside Zwift in order to find another solution/platform for their social need interaction. And, as an example, if one is not a member of specific club, or a returning rider of specific event a lot of things might be not clear. This also creates a lot of unnecessary time loose on something that could be found inside One unique Zwift space.
Example: when subscribing to a specific event one would like to know if this event will be broadcast officially by this specific club or event organizer, if the event is recurrent event, in order to do this today there is a complicated road to make: searching over youtube, or finding the event over social network, contacting directly with event organizers etc…
A dedicated pages for clubs will also allow Zwift users to follow repeated events, or special club events, news with more friendly tools that exists inside Zwift home environment. In addition, it will also save users time when searching for something that actually will exist under one place in Zwift.
Why (from business opportunity perspective):
- Zwift could use this service as a business opportunity and provide it with monthly payment contract to those who would like to open their dedicated club/event/organization page/blog etc…
Examples of packages:
- Dedicated club/organization/event page/blog space + forum place — 100$ per month
*** — for sure the price is an example and should be decided based on marketing strategy + calculated expenses of hosting space, tech support etc…
b. Dedicated club page/blog space + forum place + dedicated club jersey — 100$ per month + one payment of 200$ for special club’s jersey (with own design) or special price xxx$ when the design is made by Zwift designers (contracts could be made with outsourcing designers).
**** — again the price is just an example;
- as additional reason for this type of social services: one of the today's business challenges is not only find and bring new clients, but also keep them, especially in our days of big competition between similar products. When providing not only the main service (the Zwift software itself), but also additional social attachment to the service by clubs membership, direct social interaction under One Zwift Social Eco-system/One Zwfit roof/One cycle home etc…))), when the client not leaving Zwift even outside of his virtual ride/run experience;
- additional opportunity for B2B services (not always as a direct service, but as an answer to today's business requests) - part of it already described above in section 4.
This additional social attachment could have several impacts on Zwifts revenues:
- Additional revenues could be brought during the low business periods (summer time), since the clubs will still continue to pay, when some of the users might stop their membership during the summer;
- it might also have an impact on subscribed users that will prefer to stay subscribed during the summer time due to intense interaction and high attachment to Zwift Social Eco-system;
- by having in place well established Zwift social eco-system the next step could be done in creating a strategy of B2B new type of social services as an innovative answer to today's HR internal issues/problems in most of the modern corporations/businesses.
***Please note: above is just several simples, but core features examples that could make Zwift Social Eco-system unique and more attractive for users. Surely there are more than just those several propositions that could make this Zwift social system very special comparing to other competitors existing systems.
Thank you )
p.s. for sure there is also the “how” part, but lets first see if the “what” and “why” is really required and is aligned with the view of Zwift general strategy.