OLED TV mode

I’m really enjoying using Zwift on my OLED TV, but I’m concerned about the long term impact of the white stationary panels and writing on the screen. It’s easy to imagine that it’ll cause screen burn over time. I run with the brightness turned right down on my TV settings, which appears to be working but isn’t an ideal solution.

It would be great if you could implement an OLED TV mode where the white panels and writing are opaque like other information panels on the display. The top centre panel is the main worry, but I imagine the watt display could cause problems too.

I can’t be the only one using Zwift on an OLED TV, can I?

Another option would be having the ability to customize the HUD: HUD Customisation

Same OLED burn in concern here. Saw the results of WAZE burn in on a phone and I do definitely do not want that on my TV!

You will have to ride a lot of hours.

The best way to avoid burn-in is to keep watching varied content. Don’t leave your TV on the same image all the time and definitely don’t leave anything paused for hours on end. It should take a huge number of hours to become a problem but you may end up with some temporary image retention issues and a bit of paranoia that you’ve messed up.

Alternatively, turn the brightness down or choose a dimmer picture mode from your TV’s options such as Cinema instead of Vivid. You don’t need to do this all the time, though – only if you’re playing the same game for hours on end or watching rolling news for most of the day.

Also, check your TV settings and enable features like LG’s Screen Shift – or Pixel Shift, in the case of Sony. Run Pixel Refresh or Panel Refresh to reset the pixels to avoid image retention.

1 Like