Old graphics drivers detected

Having a load of issues doing an install and setup of zwift.

just jeeps telling me t update my driver.

tells me i have version 2900 but whenever i got onto the intel update site it just keeps telling me im upto date.

ive got quite a hi spec laptop to should be ok but just isnt working.

any ideas.

Thanks

Hey Dave.

I’m having a similar issue with my older HP laptop. I would guess the issue isn’t necessarily the driver, but the laptop doesn’t support a high enough resolution to suit Zwift’s narrow requirements. Pretty frustrating.

Zwift doesn’t have ‘narrow requirements’, but it does require a modern GPU. If your laptop isn’t one released in the last few years, then Zwift probably won’t run acceptably well on it.

Hi Dave, can you tell me exactly where you’re seeing this error?   I’m not even showing you’ve been able to run Zwift to the point of getting into the software yet.

Zwift runs on just about everything made in the last 5 years - no narrow requirements at all.  Even machines just make for spreadsheets and webbrowsing these days can run Zwift, as long at the manufacturer has updated the drivers in the past few years.  

What model computer do you have?

I have the exact same issue as Dave. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge with an Intel graphics driver 8.15.10.2900.

This is the error from the log I get every time i start Zwift: “GLFW ERROR 65543: The requested client API version is unavailable”

I tried to install Win10 instead of Win7 but gave no change.

having the same issue. Intel has not updated my graphics since 2012 and no updates are available.  that said I run everything fine on it including 3D editing software. Seems to be no way to override and try it anyway. 

This happens when I click the ‘ride’ option, then the message comes up, and zwift closes. 

I am having the exactly same problem : the Log says :

[9:48:12] Log Time: 9:48:12 2017-03-22
[9:48:12] Launcher Version : 1.0.39
[9:48:12] Loading WAD file ‘assets/global.wad’ with file.
[9:48:12] Loading WAD file ‘assets/environment/ground/textures.wad’ with file.
[9:48:13] Loading WAD file ‘assets/UI/WhiteOrangeTheme/WhiteOrangeTheme.wad’ with file.
[9:48:14] Loading WAD file ‘assets/UI/WhiteOrangeTheme/Scotty/Scotty.wad’ with file.
[9:48:14] Successful audio init!
[9:48:14] Loaded audio banks
[9:48:14] Initializing graphics window of size 0 x 0
[9:48:14] Attached Monitors:

[9:48:14] monitor found at: 0,0

[9:48:14] GLFW ERROR 65543: The requested client API version is unavailable

when I click ride !

Don’t expect a solution on this issue.

I submitted a ticket on this matter at Zwift support. Even though the support was very accommodating the final solution ended on a recommandation on buying af new computer.

Zwift requires certain features that have been ‘standard’ for 4-5 years. Unfortunately some vendors do not always keep their drivers up to date, and this is the result.  

We’ve intentionally been very lenient on the features we require in order to make as many older machines compatible, but you must keep in mind Zwift is a modern 3D game and the year is 2017 - drivers from 2012 that are not going to be updated by the manufacturer means you’ll be running into issues here and there.

Bought a new video card…Nvidia GeForce 610 with 2Gb memory for old CoreDuo PC.  Works perfectly now.   Cost $44.  good deal!

Hi, im trying to run zwift on windows 7 on a samsung R580, it keeps crashing, is it a laptop issue or driver/software issue?

I am having the same issue. I run all kinds of internet cloud based 3D games on my laptop. I’ve updated my driver to the most recent version that Intel has available.