Not impressed with narrow window of graphic resolution support.

I have an older (but very well adorned) HP laptop that I have dedicated to my workout room for running software, DVDs etc.

Attempts to run Zwift result in an error that states “Your graphic driver is an old piece of junk, update it so it is worthy of our software”, and then kills the app.

Okay, it doesn’t say it exactly like that, but that’s the gist of it. This is a 4 year old system, it works perfectly fine. Your software should run in different (lower ) graphic resolutions.

Hi Karl

I wonder if your beloved HP laptop is really a business machine? If it is it probably has very limited graphics capability let alone it being just four years old. Are you able to run similarly graphic rich games on your laptop. I guessing not. I do sympathise though. I have a 2009 Mac book pro that runs Zwift badly (choppy graphics). It to does’t like fast moving action games…

Karl, I was in the situation when I started on Zwift.  My laptop didn’t get past square one.  I see the further development of Zwift driving it towards being more graphics intensive. Zwift doesn’t really need a lot of CPU horsepower but it does need a decent graphics card.  The cheapest option might be a used desktop and an updated graphics card.  In my case I picked up a Alienware Alpha i3, which works well, but its cost is not insignificant for a system dedicated to training

Hey Guys, yeah… I think I was in denial. My laptop didn’t have a graphics card capable of handling much more than spreadsheets, much less any game level graphics. Too bad since it forced me into realization I needed an upgrade so I did some research and got myself a belated Christmas present: [Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575G-53VG Laptop, 15.6 Full HD (Intel Core i5, NVIDIA 940MX, 8GB DDR4, 256GB SSD, Windows 10)

](https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DT4A2R4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)which (IMO) is pretty well endowed for the price, so I should be back in the saddle this weekend.