No sunlight on any road following update

Since updating to the latest version of Zwift on my iPad Air 4 (Zwift version 1.19), every world that has daylight has the road I’m riding on in shadow. You see sunlight on features further away, but the road itself (and the riders you can see) are always in shadow. I’ve clocked up about 8 hours riding like this now, and it is always the same. I can provide screenshots if useful.

Night is fine, and things brighten a bit during the twilight times.

Update: I tried Zwift 1.19.2, and the issue is still present. I then tried deleting and reinstalling Zwift, which also had no effect.

4 Likes

Same issue, can’t figure it out.

3 Likes

Same here

4 Likes

Same here. Ipad Pro 2021

4 Likes

Same for me. I’m on iOS.

3 Likes

I’ve check that on my older iPad 2017 and its fine, but 2021 iPad Pro has the issue with shadows

1 Like

I also have dark/shady roads since the last update. Night in Neokyo and dark in all other worlds. I´m on iOS 15.1 (Iphone SE 2nd gen) and Zwift version 1.19.2 (100145). When I use my old computer with Win10 I get sunny roads but also glitchy riders. I hope this get’s fixed soon!

1 Like

hey all! I’m thinking this may be a bug particularly with Zwift on iOS, so I’m submitting a report. Thank you all for chiming in with your info.

5 Likes

Thank you for looking into this - I ride on Zwift to escape the gloom of winter, so hope it can be fixed soon :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hopefully it’s another ‘server side’ issue that can be corrected without the need for a new version.

1 Like

Just want to add one more on an iPad Pro running latest software versions and, while I’m sorry others are experiencing this, glad that it’s just not me.

Hoping for a fix soon because it’s kinda weird to always be chasing the light!

1 Like

This is happening to me but only in France. Also on an ipad running the latest ios and zwift is updated. I submitted a ticket this morning after this meetup last night.

1 Like

This has been resolved and will be fixed in an upcoming update, according to comments I’ve read elsewhere. If not the imminent December update, then the one after that.

2 Likes

Happening to me too. It’s so sad and dark and cold… made even worse by the chasing the light effect… iPad Pro. Pleeeze fix it soon.

2 Likes

I have been having the same problem after the latest update. I have a Windows with Intel i7 Evo, with16Mb memory, so it is not only a iOS related issue.
The shadow is moving above the group, in all worlds and it is weird to see it in the middle of Watopia’s Fuego Flats, just following the group. When I ride alone, the problem is not so evident but you can see a shadow over some riders, following then wherever they go. Of course, in group rides this becomes annoying as there are several riders with that shadow, which makes your whole ride in the “dark” and takes away the realist effect of the Zwift rides…
Please let me know if re-installing Zwift might resolve this.

1 Like

Downloaded todays update (12/16) and the permanent shadows seem to remain
on my iPad. Disappointing!

2 Likes

Not listed in the fixes in the release notes; I guess we’ll have to wait for the next release :frowning:

1 Like

Yes, I am also riding all the time in shadow; using an iPad with iOS 15.2.
Together with the flickering avatars glitch this is really annoying… hope this gets fixed soon.

1 Like

I’ve had the same problem since the Nov update. I run Zwift through Apple TV using my iPhone 11 Pro Max version 14.7.1. I’m always riding in shadows with no sunlight although I can see sunlight in the distance. I also don’t see any shadowing from street lights, trees, etc. Like others I find being stuck in dawn or dusk a bit depressing. And I really miss the shadowing from other objects. The sounds have also changed which I find really annoying like the mouse click and a constant background that sounds like a wind tunnel. Zwift had the sounds right in the past; why change them assuming this was intentional and not due to a bug in the update? Has there been any statement from Zwift on these issues and particularly on the shadow/no sunlight issue and if so where?