No resistance when using Zwift on Iphone and having both the Garmin Pro HRM and the TACX NEO2 connected via bluetooth

Hi,

Using ZWIFT on Iphone and connecting TACX neo2 and the Garmin HRM Pro.

They both connecting immediately on Bluetooth, which is great, but in this scenario there is no resistance change.
If I disconnect the Garmin HRM than there is resistance and all ok, but in this case of course I dont have HRM data.

I suspect this is due to the fact that ZWIFT can’t handele both the HRM and TACX connected via bluetooth.

Is there any way I can still connect both without loosing the resistance work?

Thanks

it is more likely your iphone that cannot handle multiple bluetooth connections not zwift, what model iphone is it?

Thanks for the prompt reply. Iphone XR IOS ver 15.3.1 . ZWIFT ver (1.22.4)

Hi @Zoltan_Keszei

Welcome to the Forums!

The iPhone XR should be able to handle several Bluetooth connections, and if I recall correctly, one should be able to theoretically connect something like 7 different Bluetooth devices to the iPhone. That said, I’ve also heard the practical limit might actually be something like 4 devices.

Unless you have a boatload of different BLE enabled devices connected to your phone at once (e.g. more than 4 devices), I don’t imagine that a BLE device limitation is the problem.

Since I’m a Zwift support tech, I was able to take a look at your account and see how your devices are paired to Zwift. What I’m seeing are numerous Bluetooth disconnect and reconnect errors which are typically indicative of wireless signal interference.

Being that is the case, I’d suggest that you start with the troubleshooting steps in this article, and make sure you’re thorough in your efforts to mitigate signal interference.

If that doesn’t help, then I’d suggest you contact our tech support team and we’ll likely need to analyze your log files to investigate this further.

If need be, you can contact us here.

Wow. Thanks for the comprehensice reponse. I’ll give it a go when I have the time this week and feed back. Thanks again

1 Like