New Zwift Home Screen Update [January 2022]

All looks good.

I’d like to see Clubs events and frequently attended events surfaced to the front page.

More integration with Clubs full stop would be good - club clearly identified on the home page, or even having some of the colour pallete determined by the Clubs colours.

5 Likes

Absolutely love the UI on this. Great work by the UX team :facepunch::ok_hand:

4 Likes

Glad to be able to access achievements and the garage without having to go into the game and start a ride. Would be good if achievements were more easily accessible elsewhere too (web, companion, when you view a friend’s profile etc.).

8 Likes

To me it looks to emulate the ‘rows of content in a list of categories’ structure that most media apps follow these days (Netflix, Amazon, Disney, etc), moreso than your typical computer GUI. Suggests they may have use with a remote specifically in mind.

2 Likes

I’ll happily be a beta tester!

Two observations:

1. I cannot select workout and route pre-ride? We can do that now in the old UI!
  2. Still no information about the route in event description (it’s missing on the events webpage too btw)?
5 Likes

Good point. In the current UI we can select which club our session counts towards. I don’t see the equivalent in these screenshots and videos.

3 Likes

This is really neat. Thanks for all the videos.

One piece of feedback: I’m curious why the workout/route choosing workflow is so different depending on whether you want to use a suggested route vs your own route? I would have expected there to be a “choose a different route” option under the suggested routes. Otherwise, if I don’t like the routes that are suggested, I have to go all the way back, start a free ride in the route I want, enter the world, and choose a workout. Seems a bit unintuitive to me!

12 Likes

Really nice UI change, much welcome! Can’t wait to try it out and give feedback on it.

This looks really nice. So let’s talk about Multi-Core CPU usage then … :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Any word if this update will bring complete functionality to the AppleTV Remote? Only being able to use the click wheel for certain sections of the menu and having to use the track pad for others is cumbersome.

5 Likes

When you click an event, it doesn’t tell you which route it is on. Same as the web.

Isn’t this a bit nuts?

14 Likes

I’ve been complaining about this for years, such basic info missing! The new tab that opens in the game should look exactly the same as how the companion app looks and functions. Forget about the website, it should be abandoned.

4 Likes

Such a missed opportunity if this isn’t included!

This has to be considered key information … “What course am I riding?” … I’m not going to sign up ‘blind’, its crazy having to then go over to companion app to check what route the event is being held on!

9 Likes

I believe in this case the courses per category are listed in the “Event Description” correct? It would be better if it were like the companion app, letting you see the course in each block of course.

I also think the flow for doing a workout on a specific course is a bit too clunky (from a previous comment), I always want to choose a specific course for my workout - either I want elevation, or I want to go on a new course for a route badge, or I want km, I wouldn’t ever want the flow they default to where choosing a workout selects the course for you. So for my usage they prioritized the lower use case flow for me.

4 Likes

Yes, that’s a big missing feature. The course for the even should be shown otherwise we have to join event then see it is on a terrible course and leave (which I do when AHDR is riding Makuri Islands).

4 Likes

I have to say that being forced to select the route and THEN select the workout is a bit backwards, in my opinion. Half the time, I don’t have a particular workout in mind when I log in, so I just scroll through the workouts folder, pick something that looks interesting, and then choose a route that fits the workout. So what happens now? Do I have to start the game, pick a workout, go back out of the game, choose another route, then go back into the game and start the workout again? This seems really clunky to me. We should be able to choose both the route and the workout before entering the game.

6 Likes

I agree it is not that easy anymore.

But when you are just riding press E to get to the workout menu.

But that doesn’t work so well if you’re using an iPad, even if the iPad has a keyboard for whatever reason… Seems like they should just enable those keyboard shortcuts on iPad.

1 Like

The new Home screen is not on iPad.

1 Like