New Zwift Home Screen Update [April 2022]

Nothing you can do about it. Still has not been rolled out to the majority of the riders since Zwift is doing a gradual roll out.

Got it - thanks!

I’m still shocked that the new Home Screen was released without the Ride With feature. Do (did?) the developers not know how important this feature is to me? How often I use it?
Now that they DO know an update has come out with NOTHING I use or need and the one function I use constantly is STILL not back. How does this happen? Is there a way that I can go back to the old interface until the new one is actually ready to be released?

3 Likes

No, I’m afraid not.

I will sell you my laptop…I still have the old UI…not seen hide nor hair of the new UI :thinking: Maybe I will put it up for Auction!! :laughing:

Since I don’t recall it being mentioned anywhere as an update, it’s pleasing to see that the load time issues appear to have been resolved. At a guess, it seems like the game now caches the new UI shaders instead of compiling them from scratch every time. Very possibly talking out of my backside here though.

Anyway as a result of whatever has changed, loading the game after a normal Windows startup is far quicker than before, and more in line with how it was in 2021 and earlier. After a full restart of the PC, the loading time is a lot longer (in percentage terms), and similar to what I first considered to be slow and complained about. That’s what makes me think it’s a caching thing.

So thanks for this, it’s far better.

4 Likes

I really really want the new UI and I promise I wont complain…

2 Likes

Where can I select an active club on the new home screen? How can I set it?

You can’t, as far as I know. It’s on Zwift’s to-do list.

1 Like

thank you.
If I had set it on the old home screen, can I inherit the setting on the new home screen?

I overall like the new UI.
It looks like I’ve the March version though, as I don’t have the new route display as shown in op’s post.

What is really really annoying us is that I’ve the new UI, and my wife doesn’t have it…
From my point of view as a guy working in IT since 15 years it’s kinda strange how the rollout is handled.

I feel in addition to the automatic selection everyone should be able to opt-in/out during this testing phase.

Some people miss the old UI for some features not yet implemented, and some other would like to test and are not able to.

1 Like

Trade you. The new UI is trash

5 Likes

We literally deserve a refund for this pathetic “updated” screen that we are forced to beta test.

4 Likes

It’s not that bad. It has lots of positives versus the old one, like the ability to actually see events coming up and enter them in a reasonable fashion, the ability to access your garage before you start a ride, you can now ride any world for a workout, and it has lots of potential to be improved further in the future. It’s also way more visually attractive.

Maybe it is not quite polished, but I would suggest all in it is better than the old one even in its infant state.

Why do you think it is so bad?

5 Likes

Oh btw why does it only show events you’re already signed up for only just before the event? I would expect it to work the same way as the companion app and show all signups (or at least the nearest one) no matter how far in the future it is.

1 Like

@Anna_Ronkainen

Excellent question. The intent with the game app is to present events and activities starting in the next 60 minutes, rather than offering events that don’t start for hours, or days. The idea for that part of the home screen is to log in, pair the trainer, and jump right in to activities you’ve chosen for yourself.

Showing all the events further out into the distance is also important - but we didn’t want to duplicate it 3x in the Companion app, the Events webpage and also the game app. It’s about streamlining the home screen UI. Does that make sense?

2 Likes

Hey Zwift HQ. No national intolerance here but when does Canada get on the list, eh? You know, America’s cousin to the north. For clarity, I don’t mean french speaking Canadians.

User based roll out not country based.

I was talking specifically about events you have already signed up for, not a general future event exploration feature. I remember a headline explicitly saying something like “Your next event” so I would expect the next signup to show up there if only as a reminder even if you obviously can’t do anything else about it.

(Can you even use the events webpage to see your own signups apart from going to each individual event?)

I am still on the original Home Screen, and have not seen any differences, my brother’s account has all the same settings as mine, but he has the new Home Screen, and I do not. Just wondering when I will get it and what is going on