N.P.E. Runn

Wanted to try running in Zwift but after reading all the runpod issues, knew I didn’t have the patience for any of that. Just got the North Pole Engineering Runn and it works great! I’ve only logged a handful of miles but so far no problems at all. No dropouts and easy onetime setup, then it just worked. Nice and steady pace & speed. Calibrated nicely with and matches what my machine indicates. Apple TV / Bluetooth on a Precor mill. Also have a Wahoo HR monitor connected but use the companion app to connect due to Apple TV Bluetooth channel limits.

Thanks for the feedback. I just ordered mine and am looking forward to consistent speed!

Any idea if Zwift will be doing anything with the incline being transmitted by the RUNN?

What do you think can or should be done?

Runn incline should be used with workouts a bit like ERG mode for cycling but with Zwift showing what you should be doing vs what you’re actually doing. Clearly not really the same since there is no closed loop control but Zwift workouts should suggest hills and the the Runn shows if you’re really doing it or not.

Include it in the .FIT file being recorded by Zwift (I assume it does not but may be wrong. Ray Maker mentioned that Zwift did not do anything with this data in his little review). If it is included in the .FIT it could be used with other third party applications to derive other metrics that runners could use.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback.
Could you please give more details about the way you attach the device?
Could this device be used at gym? Actually could it be easily attached and removed after each run?

I would not suggest moving it or taking it to the gym since it is attached using adhesive strip and that would lose it’s stickiness over time.