Mouse Control

Friends,
Working on a Windows 10 machine, i initially set up my account and had mouse control however now, i do not. I have read some of the posts about “windowed” mode however i can not identify how to do this. It starts full screen. I need to configure my ANT devices and ride however i am kinda stuck. Any help is appreciated.

Hi @Scott_Cowan, welcome to the forums! You can switch to windowed mode in the settings menu while in the game.

What do you mean you don’t have mouse control anymore? You should be able to use your mouse regardless of windowed or full screen mode.

1 Like

Documents/Zwift/prefs.xml file and changed the FULLSCREEN field from “1” to “0” according to the following:

<CONFIG>
        <SHOWGROUPMSGS>1</SHOWGROUPMSGS>
        <FULLSCREEN>0</FULLSCREEN>
1 Like

Crazy I know! When the app opens on my computer, I lose the mouse entirely on the app. It is there on my other window. I can control anything in the zwift app.

Thanks,

Scott

Use the method suggested by @Paul_Allen, since the normal way of doing this (completely typical of Zwift UI) would be to start the app, pick a world, pick a route, start a ride, then (finally!) get access to the Menu button, click it, and find somewhere in there the settings portion, where windowed mode can be selected. A bunch of these actions require… a mouse.

1 Like

I cant do any of that…I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. Once the app starts, the mouse is GONE.

You should be able to edit the prefs.xml file.

1 Like

Do you use a wireless mouse?
These use the 2.4GHz Band which is also used by ANT+ and Bluetooth.
So when Zwift activates your ANT+ it can interfere with your mouse-connection.

Try a normal mouse if you have one or put the mouse USB dongle in another USB-Port.
Best in a USB2.0 far away from the ANT+ dongle.

1 Like

Hmmm…it did work before I had the dongle…I do t know if I have a wired noise but will try…good call…

Thanks,

Scott

1 Like

So frustrating. I got a wired mouse, unplugged all other usb dongles and i still have ZERO mouse control within the app. The mouse disappears and i am unable to navigate at all within the app. So frustrating…

Is there a setting in Win 10 that may have disabled it somehow, check the device settings on Win 10 and see if you can find anything?

lots of settings in windows 10, lol. Can you please be more specific?

I had the same issue after the last upgrade (I am running win11, dedicated desktop, large screen tv); go in your Documents/Zwift folder and kill the pref. XML file(s), that should get you in windows mode and you will see the mouse again.