More running routes needed

There needs to be a lot more running routes. I do only a small amount of running on Zwift, yet I have already gotten just about all of the available route badges. We keep seeing new cycling routes being added, why not new running ones? There should be plenty of options with the new section of a world just being added.

Absolutely agree. Posted this in the main thread but maybe not the right place to get picked up:

Any plans to introduce more route badges for runners? Doesn’t even need to be new routes or paths, but the regular routes in & around the Jungle Circuit would seem fairly prime for it, amongst others.

Ok, more effort by me, quick look at the Watopia route list, assuming 15km is about the limit (longest badge atm is Flat Irons @ 14.8km and that’s the one I haven’t done yet - a long way on a treadmill!)

Beach Island Loop 12.8k
Flat Route 10.5k
Hilly Route 9.4k
Jungle 13.8k
Two Bridges 7.0k
Volcano 5,3k
Volcano CCW 7.4k
Volcano flat 12.6

Road to Sky 17.9k, just for the nonsense of jogging past people on bikes who are absolute on the limit :upside_down_face:

London Classique also an obvious candidate. You can run it anyway, just needs a badge :man_shrugging:

And that’s without thinking about Makuri, Neokyo, etc. TDZ shows that there is appetite to run in the other worlds (even up the Innsbruck climb), shame there’s no badges for it.

2 Likes

You can run any of the routes. Admittedly you don’t get a badge but they’re great fun to do.

Like you say doing Alpe Du Zwift is good fun when you’re passing cyclists.

Just bumping this up. Still don’t understand why Zwift doesn’t activate more running route badges. They don’t have to create anything new, just make many of the existing cycling routes available for running route badges. Anything up to around marathon-length should be a no-brainer. Can anyone point to a single logical reason not to do this?

2 Likes

They want to concentrate runners on a few routes to increase the likelihood of encounters between runners.

1. You can run the route regardless of whether you get a badge or not.
  2. You don’t pay for running so Zwift will never dedicate as much development time to it.
2 Likes

I’m aware you can run any route you want, you mentioned that before.

While people may not be paying specifically for running, I am paying them for riding which is paying for the running portion of the program as well. Either way, it seems like providing something that would help draw in more users, even runners, to their platform would be good business sense as it would expose it to more people, many of whom would start using it for cycling as well and end up paying. Adding route badges on the existing cycling routes would be extremely simple for them and really is a no-brainer.

1 Like

I couldn’t provide an informed answer as to how simple it is for Zwift to make all routes capable of receiving badges.
I’m not a programmer so I’ll take your word for it if you’ve better knowledge of how Zwift is written.

Would you be happy to pay more for the running side of things if they made a badge available?

Adding badges is not extremely easy.