We wanted to break out this thread to talk about a feature in the most recent game release version 1.11.x: more flexible training plans! This has been high on the feature request list from those who love structured workouts
- Reduced blackout duration between individual workouts to 8 hours
- All workouts are available starting Monday
- Increased each workout’s availability to 1 week (168 hours).
These changes allow you to do any workout during the week but maintain an 8 hour forced rest period after its completion. We are still maintaining structure, relative to a loose collection in a folder, by unlocking workouts one week at a time.
Most importantly, we are making the workouts available when you want to train, rather than make you follow the plan’s schedule as it was previously coded. Does this mean training plans are perfect now?
No, far from it! We are actively working on:
- The ability for players to pause and extend their plans.
- The ability to provide input for when you have availability to train - to improve workout recommendations.
- Generally expanding upon our current offerings to better serve any Zwifter whether it’s your first training plan, or you’re fine tuning your form for a major race.