Today’s ride was easily the most enjoyable. Not a single AI bot that I could see. At least 100 real users for my full 2 hour ride today. That alone made the experience better. Be it a mental gap, who knows, but there were more people to chase up the hill (or try to hold off) which kept today’s intervals interesting.
- Passing still feels a bit awkward, especially when there is a large discrepancy in speed between users. The automatic ducking in behind someone that you’re approaching rather quickly is not necessary in my opinion. Going around a rider just to duck in behind the next rider that you’re also going to go right around is visually “distracting”. I would like to see the passing worked on some more; especially as it relates to speed differences. If you’re approaching someone at “plus a certain percentage” of their speed, can’t we just stay to the right/left of them and roll on? With a busy day like today, doing +4 W/kg from the orange arch to the KOM arch, could be visually smoother without ducking in and out of 20 or so people. Especially when there’s 2 or 3 of you together, going through a pack of slower riders, it’s easy to lose track of someone you’re climbing with.
- What happens with the KOM/Green/Orange jerseys as those riders exit? Do those times remain atop the leaderboard for everyone else who’s active at that time? The leader boards that flash up for each arch, seem to contain more names than the list on the right. Today 230+ vs 100 - 105.
- To that, I noticed a M McCarthy (I think) with a Zwift logo by their name rip the KOM and sprint to pieces. Fastest times I’ve seen for the CCW course. (Is that a 'resetting" of the leaderboard by a gamemaster??) At points I was 2nd/3rd for both the sprint and KOM and you feel like maybe you will end up with it simply by attrition. That never happens though. Anyway, just game dynamics curiosity. I like view #3, so I never see the jersey I’m “wearing” anyway…
- Also, Chasing M. McCarthy up the hill, they seemed to quickly pull away from me with just 2.5 W/kg to my 4.0 - 4.5 W/kg. Glitch or some other power up I can’t see.
- I think the KOM/Sprint should be timed from the lap start. It just seems right that it should be treated like finish lines, instead of Strava segment like. In no bike race that I’ve seen are jerseys awarded for the fastest time though a short segment of a longer race. A KOM is the first person over the top. Jerseys are awarded for the first people to cross the line, not the fastest for a given shorter distance.