Missing 20 min power

Hi a number of riders in this race

Are missing 20 min power numbers. In the old days sticky would do a manual refresh to get them to pull through.

Can you look into this please as it affects the results.

Erm, try ALL of last weekā€™s WTRL ZRL races. Half the riders still have green bolts / unprocessed fit files - I understand from previous times this happened that these files will be lost and cannot be processed.

1 Like

Fair enough I was just looking at the one race seems like it is a bigger issue.

This will affect the results as it means the organisers are unable to monitor riders outside cat limits and it also deprived individuals of a full record of their performances.

Since it affects so many I wonder what the cause / fix is?

@xflintx any ideas if this can be fixed or prevented in future?

Itā€™s a very long running issue, also affected my WTRL and BC races in November and December last year and now again in January. It keeps being ā€˜fixedā€™ (and forum threads closed) but none of the fixes actually work.

As you say it means we canā€™t properly manage / captain teams because we have no idea who is UPG.

1 Like

Big shame here

Somehow, the importance of reliable data has been lost upon Zwift Inc. Iā€™ve had both of the Tour de Zwift stages done in the last three days, Stages 4 and 5, stay uncertified as indicated by a green bolt. In both events, I did some very hard work and anticipated seeing how I did. Instead, itā€™s apparently going to be lost to the winds and thereā€™s nothing to do for it. I am certainly less than pleased.

I understand that those of us who take those numbers seriously are a small subset of users on Zwift, but we tend to be the ā€œVocal Minorityā€ who will ultimately get frustrated and leave for more stable pastures. I know that the experienced users on here tend to be the evangelists for the platform and if Zwift continues down this path weā€™ll find other ways to spend our fitness time, money and evangelizingā€¦

The worst thing is no one on zwift headquartier or mods explain what is happening here.

We pay a monthly subscription and is very bad to go into this bugs that basically are faking my zwiftpower profile.

I lost with this bug my best 20ā€™ effort and a switch to A rider from A+ over 300w.

@xflintx @Shuji

I have an important question to ask you all about these 20 minute numbers so that I can make sure I understand the issue:

Is it primarily in WTRL events that youā€™re seeing this?

This is important for us to make as a distinction because of the way that WTRL manages the results data.

If you can please point me to a few races that arenā€™t WTRL where you notice this happening, that will be a huge help. Essentially, WTRL has their own way of calculating the results that we donā€™t touch, as thatā€™s what sets them apart. Itā€™s been made clear that any WTRL event needs to be run entirely by WTRL, and ZwiftPower is just the common ground where the data lives.

Now of course, there is some investigating here we will do with WTRL, and this is also why I ask if youā€™re seeing it in other events that arenā€™t WTRL events, so that we can look at those too.

I promise weā€™re not ignoring you, Iā€™m just one person.

2 Likes

Hi

Personally I only noticed this one event generally the data seems to come through for other events. Other posters on this forum may be able to add more insight.

1 Like

Hi, here my data loss race events.php?zid=1542028

Any chance to recovery it?

In the Tour de Zwift A events at 5am PST on 21Jan and 24Jan, multiple people including your correspondent, ended up with unprocessed results: green bolts. In fact the top two finishers on the 24th have green bolts. I know in my case that I blew a lung on those events and was looking forward to seeing what I did. How both of my TdZ rides got sidetracked is beyond the pale. Please fix this.

The 24th:

The 21st:

I hope that we can recover it soon for you. The first order of business, though, is finding out why this is happening. In the event we do, itā€™s likely that we can restore it for you.

The race has already been regenerated a couple times by my doing, and Iā€™m still not seeing any changes, so Iā€™ve brought it to the attention of our dev team to look into it.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for support, hope you can fix it and recover.

If is possible advice me in negative or positive end of situation, at least i know that chances are over.

1 Like

Please do not mix up the green bolt issues with the totally missing power detail issue. This is about values (often WTRL TTT) missing completely for a number of rider (example ZwiftPower -Ā Login)

1 Like

The Zwift racing league last week has big issues. A lot of riders are missing metrics. No live data or fit files. Including myself. Would be great if you could recover the data as a lot of people are putting their biggest effort into those races.

Thanks! /Dan

1 Like

I agree. It is affecting the integrity of the competition as I can see several riders who you would expect to have been upgraded to higher category but due to missing power have stayed where they are. As there is a 4 week threshold in league rules all of these will now be able to complete the season.

@xflintx I remember sticky used to conduct manual refresh of individual users and this sometimes worked. I know itā€™s time consuming and not a sustainable solution but maybe you could run a sample on riders from some of the races listed to see if it works at rider level?

Yes last week very few riders have data ( Zwift Racing League | WTRL - Menā€™s/Mixed EMEA E1 DIVISION 1 ). Yesterdayā€™s is all good!

1 Like

I havenā€™t done a manual refresh of individual users at the moment, no. Iā€™m aware that missing metrics on ZwiftPower is less than ideal, and I understand as well that the ZRL races in particular are important to have data for since itā€™s a big race that folks prep for and really give it their all.

Weā€™re working on it, and I believe the solution lies in something outside of individual refreshes on profiles, as that process is entirely too time consuming at this moment. It may be thatā€™s what we have to do in the interim, but Iā€™m looking to ways to eliminate this problem at the source - whatever that source may be - so that we donā€™t have to do it like it used to be done.

5 Likes

Appreciate the reply and transparency. I agree itā€™s not reasonable or sustainable for manual refresh to be conducted. However I do think that if you did a sample to see if was a potential for it would give you more information.

Hi @xflintx, this was a non-ZRL race where 18 riders (myself included) had no data:
Race zid=1372087
My profile z=834206

My other ā€˜no dataā€™ ones are ZRL races and as stated above we donā€™t see the WTRL data so zwiftpower is our sole source of information on managing our rider categories and trying to avoid DQ.

As mentioned on the other threads (eg: zp critical power issue) the critical power I have been getting has been wrong anyway (critical power data not matching the fit file data).

Cheers