Meetups in new Companion App

Love the new Meetups feature in the Companion App.

Predictably, I would like an additional feature:

• The ability to create Meetups as group workouts, including custom workouts created with the desktop application. This way, we could use the “rubber-band effect” to ride with people of different abilities and still stay together.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

I think a simple update could be the possibility to create meetups without inviting friends.

I’d like that my teammates could join my meetup like i do with an official zwift event. a way could be that when a user log in zwift friends in the meetup warmup could be shown as ‘meetup host’

we are a team of 75 members…i can’t send 75 invites every time :smiley:

6 Likes

Can friends be highlighted in a race? That shows on app screen map.

It seems like a generally useful feature would be groups/teams/clubs. Then perhaps you could invite one or more groups to which you belong to a meetup.

1 Like

Great additional feature. My group can now ride together whenever/wherever we want without choosing a scheduled event. No need for beacon on organizer of meetup. Enjoyed the individualized sprint segment postings for the group, nice touch. I liked the highlighting of persons in our group on the scrolling riders. It made it easy to tell when we were grouped up. Would like to be able to invite those that I follow, not just those following me. Also, those accepting invitation need to join at least 2:00 prior to ride otherwise they blow by at the start. Overall great feature.

Hey there, does meet up work for you ? I have created one and my friend didn’t receive the invitation …

Yes worked for me, but was only able to invite those following me.

Worked for me (Android version). Maybe your friends needed to update their companion app, before receiving the invitations (I am just guessing)?

any reason why it is not available for windows and mac?

Love the concept of the MeetUp function, but can we discuss the location of the MeetUp button on a cyclist’s profile page, inside the app? I’d rather the RIDE ON button was prominent at the top of the profile, and the Meet Up button was down lower.
I’m far far far more likely to be clicking on a profile, to give a ride on, than to be suggesting a Meet Up, so it makes more sense (to me) for the Meet Up button to be lower on the page and less “in your face” than the Ride On button.

5 Likes

+1 on the rubber band feature.

Would also like an option to filter non-meetup riders from the list of nearby riders on the RHS of the app.

1 Like

I am loving using the meet up function to co-ordinate riding with mates takes all the faff out of meeting up online.

As an extra feature is it possible to be able to set a workout for that meet up so you can do follow a common workout while remaining grouped together, similar to joining a group workout event ??

Cheers

Paddy

1 Like

As Zwift mentioned, this is version 1.0 of Meet Ups and they plan to add features, such as your suggestion.

Completely agree. I’ve almost invited folks to a meetup many times when I’m trying to give them a rideon.

2 Likes

I’m on the board of a local bike club and we’ve used the meetup feature to get some group rides together with great success. We do have some members who are new to zwift and so not yet level 12. Has anyone tried a
meetup using ADZ or the jungle that are restricted areas and had them work for the lower level riders. I know it works for regular scheduled zwift rides, I just don’t want to schedule one of these routes until I know for sure that I wont be excluding some on my invitees

I tried this today, I believe it wouldn’t work, as the zwift newbie could join the jungle loop I had selected. It said “error course can not be found” when he tried to join.

Big limitation.

What level should I be to create Meetups?

I like the new Meetups features and It would be intessesting to add workout in this feature.
Thanks !

Meet-ups also only appear to be working in the primary world Watopia too. This is a little limiting.

When the world option was released last week they stated a Companion update would follow to allow meetups on the guest world. That update was released yesterday and now meetups can be scheduled on either Watopia or the guest world of that day.