Meetup race results completely wrong!

We have been testing the race results in Meetups and it does not work in any way shape or form. Not quite sure how it is quite so bad? I’m guessing the feature was released with no QA.

• Finishing order incorrect
  • Time gaps between riders during meetup are wrong/all over the place

Also would be useful to see:

• blue finishing banner not visible in fan view.

Please can this be fixed? At the moment it’s a disaster.

4 Likes

These two are presumably related to this: Let everyone have the same finish line in Meetups with Race Results

4 Likes

Wow, that’s even more stupid than I imagined. I’m guessing because riders are scattered across the road at the start. However, not every rider is on the front row of the pen in a race. Maybe races also actually have this problem but the distance is much smaller.

2 Likes

I don’t think so, there seems to be a line somewhere, I presume where the banner is at the front of the pens, that starts the official race distance. You don’t count until you cross the invisible line.

1 Like

On proper races the distance doesn’t start counting down until you cross the start line, ensuring the finish line is in the same spot for all. They need to do the same for meetups rather than just counting from where you spawn at the side of the road.

7 Likes

Yeah, this is totally obviously. Why don’t they just start meetups in the pens and the whole problem is solved. I don’t know how you overlook this - it takes just one proper test to realise the feature doesn’t work.

6 Likes

Controversial!

3 Likes

To be fair, as I said in the other thread, the current approach would seem to be fine for TTs. Just not for races.

This is a known issue that we’re working on.
[WRKCMP-25]

5 Likes

will this be in the next release or coming zoon?

2 Likes

The assessment is that it’s a fairly complex knot to untangle, so likely will be a longer term fix.

1 Like

I mean, it’s not difficult because you’ve already solved it - hence how races exist. Simply start the meetups in a pen and have distance based from start-line to finish. I don’t think it needs to be more difficult than that. Just say if you want race results then world has to be empty.

6 Likes

@Shuji_Sakai hey, any more news on the likelihood of this being fixed in the near future?

2 Likes

100% agree

Since clubs looks to be the square root of useless, and hasn’t been rolled out to anyone other than a few large teams anyway, I was hoping this functionality in meetup would let us run a mini race series for our club (who, like pretty much everyone else in the world this year, haven’t had any real life racing), but trying it this week was a hot mess.

People spawning 100 metres away from each other doesn’t help, and the results screen was useless (we had a lapped rider show up 4th out of 22 in the results screen, the ‘winner’ was 5th, riders were showing as 4 seconds behind the group when in fact they were in the bunch). And don’t get me started on the ludicrousness of not being able to set a number of laps for a meetup, instead only being able to do it by time elapsed or distance means I’m either forced into choosing an unsuitable course (most of the racers in my club are crit racers), and since you don’t make the crit course available for meetups I need to find a similar course for laps and guess how long a lap is then multiply that by the number of laps to try and get near the finish line.

I posted this on the forum yesterday and three separate people suggested RGT because they apparently already have this facility. I know of two long time Zwifters who are investigating that already - surely whatever you’re working on to try and chase the Peloton dollar can’t come at the expense of all development for current subscribers? You already have this technology in the game - why has it been implemented so poorly for meetups?

7 Likes

@shooj

Adding more support here for a fix to the meetup race results function. Same as others, I’m trying to setup races for my local club (who have not raced at all or ridden in groups of more than 6-10 at anytime this year). So group races on Zwift with results seemed a great substitute. But the finish line and results are totally wrong. We ran our first meetup race this weekend and it was a big let down. Seeing this forum and others, I understand why now.

Super disappointing as I have advocated for Zwift to so many of my friends and several are now members simply to join in races with friends. If this isn’t the Community aspect Zwift focuses on, I don’t know what is.

So please fix the meetup race function.

Thanks,

8 Likes

Agree! Come on Zwift, make this happend or atleast give us a comment

2 Likes

this makes the most sense. get rid of meetups and just allow private races/rides, invite only , and make the course determinations easy to work with. doesn’t have to go on zwiftpower if its a private event. if you want a race you get a finish line and results. if you want a ride then you don’t.

3 Likes

So is anyone at Zwift actually working to correct this? The race feature is useless if the results are incorrect.

2 Likes

The issue relating to meetup races with completely wrong results has been known since August or longer. Any status update on this? It’s killing the user experience of my club races. We have over 400 Zwift users at the moment and our mini club races is the main reason many of them are active active on Zwift.
Thank you.

5 Likes

Let me think. No

:frowning:

1 Like