March 2021 Update issues

Yes I am, thanks - didn’t find these when I had a look earlier. I wonder if it’s the same issue which has reset my gear numbers as well so I have no gear 1.

Here’s another one that mentions the gears not lining up:

It’ll be worth you adding your feedback to that thread specifically about any problems with the update.

Hello I am experiencing this issue with version 1.11.0 (64887) runnjng on an iPad iOS 14.4
I am using a bluematic trainer with wahoo bc speed and cadence sensor
Today I got the 500 watt badge so that’s a bonus but my highest watts I can push with my current set up is 372 max flat out.
Today I hit 500 watts almost as soon as I started my ride on tempest fugit

Have exactly the same and also using an Atom. Performance seems fine just odd it’s there.

After months of happy Zwifting my power went mad on Wednesday 17th March, shooting up to well over 1000W with very little input. My setup is a Tacx Blue Matic with Garmin sensors connected to a Win 10 PC with and ANT+ dongle. I tried the following to try and isolate / solve the problem:

Reinstall Zwift
Try a different machine (laptop)
Try a different account
Use a bluetooth speed sensor with an iPad

All gave the same problem. With all of these eliminated the only common component was the trainer itself, this would actually make sense as obviously the trainers resistance is used to calculate the power.

Upon trying the Tacx Blue Twist the power was much more accurate (although still probably slightly over), trying a few of the other Tacx trainers gave similar crazy power outputs. So, I’m back up and running if I select the Blue Twist, but has there been an update which has screwed the estimated power from Tacx trainers?

See some of the other threads about this problem or see here for a description and how you can fix it: Why are Tacx trainers suddenly boosting your power? – and how to fix it – ZwiftHacks

1 Like
  • Which computer OS are you using?
    Windows 10
  • What trainer?
    Tacx Blue Matic
  • Is there a standalone speed sensor involved in your setup, and if so, which brand / model?
    Garmin sensors
  • Is there a standalone power meter? Which one?
    No standalone power meter
  • Are you using Bluetooth, or ANT+ signal to pair those signals?
    ANT+ and Bluetooth (tried both)
  • Are you using the Companion to pair your signal, or the computer’s built-in Bluetooth capability?
    No companion app

Select the Tacx Blue Twist trainer, doesn’t have the problem. Not sure if the power curve is similar to your trainer though.

Can you tell me where the power curve files are stored please?

I have the same problem since update this week (17 March 2021) - way too much power for too little input. Equipment used Mac iBook with Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7. Tacx Satori old type (dumb) set up as Blue Motion on setting 7. Garmin Speed sensor 2. Worked perfectly until update, now very unimpressed!

Erratic wats here to :frowning: not possibe to do workout…
Was fine berfore 16… zwift updaes / or KB5001567 MS update !?
Zwift
ant+ connecte Kettelr Racer 9 over ergoK app…

We need fix… Wats ar up and down … like Roller Coaster :confused:

Downgrade possible !?

Hi.

Yes same as everyone else after update. 114w with a light touch on the pedals!!!
Last week of my FTP builder :frowning:

Trainer: Tacx Blue Matic (setting 3)
Sensors: Tacx speed/cadence
No power meter
ANT +

Every update is a horror storym but I apply the solution of change the model trainer in zwift and it work better. You can see the Jesper_ZwiftHacks guide.

Stay safe, have good rides

1 Like

Hello Lucie,

I also have the exact same issue with my Elite Realaxiom connected via USB.

you write please support zwift

Another puzzled Tacx Blue Motion user here. Same incorrect power readings.

Windows 10
Tacx Blue Motion
Wahoo Speed & Cadence sensors
No Power Meter
built-in Bluetooth

Big thx to Jesper for his workaround!

Im having the same issue. Using a Tacx Boost, Garmin Speed Sensor and a Mac OS.m Watts are through the roof on my laptop however all seems to be fine if I use the Zwift App on my phone.

Please fix missing my workouts :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for this, it worked for me and meant I could do a grand fondo today.

1 Like

Thanks Martin - I spent all evening looking at my setup to conclude the issue must be in the game. Massively disappointed so thank you for this workaround - much appreciated.

Also have the power curve issue. Below is my setup both before and after update.

Which computer OS are you using?
Win 10
What trainer?
Tax Blue Matic
Is there a standalone speed sensor involved in your setup, and if so, which brand / model?
Tacx T2015
Is there a standalone power meter? Which one?
No power meter
Are you using Bluetooth, or ANT+ signal to pair those signals?
Bluetooth
Are you using the Companion to pair your signal, or the computer’s built-in Bluetooth capability?
Computer built in.