MacOS not getting past the pairing screen

I’m on macOS 10.15.7 Catalina, on a MacBook Pro 2020 with an external GPU, and I’m usually running Zwift fine. Usually doing races 2-3 times per week.

However, yesterday’s Zwift update (v 1.23.1 (1.0.100589) March 14 2022.) appears to get stuck forever on the pairing screen. Even if every device is connected, pushing “OK” just brings up a “Search” tab which shows nothing, and hitting “OK” gets back to the pairing screen. So, there’s no way to get out of the pairing screen.

Is this a know issue, and does it have a known solution?
I’ve tried rebooting, didn’t help.
Please don’t tell me to wipe the computer :wink:

Hi Anders @anderfo

What you’ve explained seems unusual, and I’ve not as yet heard of recent issues where one literally cannot navigate beyond the Paired Devices screen. Is the Zwift app basically freezing and becoming entirely unresponsive on the pairing screen or are you still able to click on the various buttons in that menu?

I checked your account and noticed that you’ve historically paired your Wahoo KICKR and HR Strap to Zwift using ANT+ as the pairing method, which is fine. That being said, I’ve seen it before where the ANT+ dongle goes bad and causes Zwift to freeze, crash, or just won’t detect your devices anymore.

Can you try unplugging your ANT+ dongle and switching it to BLE pairing instead? See if that helps.

Alternatively, you can try plugging your ANT+ dongle in to a different USB port to see if that helps or if you have a backup dongle, try that instead.

For clarity, would it be possible for you to record a short video showing an example of what you’ve described? If you’re not able to record a video, perhaps you could send us some screenshots showing us what’s on your Pairing Screen?

I don’t think there’s an easy way to link videos here on the Forums, so I’d strongly advise that you contact Zwift support and one of our tech support agents will be happy to help you.

You can contact us here.

To clarify: Nothing froze - it was just an infinite loop of clicking “OK” buttons.

But it looks like the issue has resolved itself now, I managed to get past the pairing screen. I don’t really know what triggered this issue or why it has now resolved itself.
I’ll notify support if it happens again.

Looks like this was one of those random chance to happen type of issues but the team was able to track it down and fix what was causing it in the 1.25 update