Lost connection after one hour

I have a zwift hub with controllers that I run through the app. After riding for a hour I lose connection . I can almost set my clock to it. Why am losing connection ? Everything is updated. I’m using broadband internet.

What loses connection, the hub or the controllers or both?

Is the Hub connected via BT.

What are you running Zwift on?

What firmware versions of each are you running?

Which of these messages are you seeing?

My Hub looses connection . I have my HRM paired to my Hub. I connect my Hub and controllers to the Zwift app via my phone through Bluetooth. I run Zwift on my laptop using Windows 10. All of my firmware was updated yesterday.

It says lost connection and my power and sometimes HR drops out. Sometimes my HR will drop out first then a few minutes later everything else drops out. I have everything running through the Zwift app and pair my HRM directly to the Hub.

My Hub looses connection . I have my HRM paired to my Hub. I connect my Hub and controllers to the Zwift app via my phone using Bluetooth. I run Zwift on my laptop using Windows 10. All of my firmware was updated yesterday.

It says connection failure

I would contact Zwift support. Sounds like overheating or some other problem with the Hub.

I put a placed a fan next to my Hub blowing directly on it. So far I’ve had no further issues. I’ve been about to ride over an hour every time now. Not sure if this is a permanent fix but so far so good.

If cooling the trainer makes it reliable, I would ask for a replacement.