Losing resistance control when switching events/modes

Hi, I’ve been running zwift for 3 years, on my Tacx Neo v1 for the past 12 months. So I’m fairly comfortable with the use and config.

Recently I’ve been getting a problem where resistance (trainer control) will be working fine, but when I switch mode or event the reistance/trainer control stops working. I can unpair/repair, restart trainer, etc without any success. The only fix is to shutdown/restart Zwift and it works fine. However, this isn’t ideal, particularly if I’ve just joined an event/race.

Here are some examples scenarios:

• Cycling around zwift to warm up with everything working fine, join a zwift event and the resistance/trainer control stops working, trainer is just in free ride mode.
  • Cycling around zwift to warm up with everything working fine, start a workout and the resistance/trainer control stops working, trainer is just in free ride mode.
  • Doing a workout in erg mode everything working fine, workout finishes and the resistance/trainer control stops working, trainer is just in free ride mode.

So somehow, when changing modes/events Zwift is turning off Trainer Control and I cannot find a way to trigger it to go back in to trainer control mode.

I did uninstall/reinstall Zwift and that seemed to work for about a week, but the issue has come back.

It doesn’t happen all the time, seems random, about 10-20% of the time, but a big issue when it happens at the time you join a race.

I have exactly the same problem with tacx neo 2t. Any update ?

Same thing happening to me. I’ll do a TOW event, end the ride, restart Zwift for a second TOW event and there’s no resistance change the entire ride.