Local checkpoint file

This has probably been mentioned before but it would be great if you wrote a local checkpoint file so that you could reload (most of) your last ride after a crash.  I generally only have time to ride a couple of laps every other day so each ride data is very important.  I hate the sinking feeling when zwift crashes 17 km into a ride and I realize that all that data is lost.  (In all fairness, I have only had 4 or 5 crashes but most of them have been in the last few weeks.)

Hi Andy,

That data isn’t lost - instead, there should be a partial upload of your ride on your web dashboard (based on various checkpoints). Additionally, your .FIT file will be saved exactly to where the game crashed which you can still upload manually to services like Strava.

Thanks!

Eric,  That information makes me very happy!  Do you know how often data is saved (not that important, just curious)?

Andy

Hi Andy,

It saves every 10 minutes. Right now this is the sweet spot between constantly pinging our server and losing everything. This may change, of course, as we are still in Beta :slight_smile:

Had the same problem, a partial upload of my ride was uploaded. i found the .fit file and i manually uploaded to strava. Can i do the same on Zwift? on that ride i finally got to level 8