Kickr Climb in Workouts

(Bram Havers) #21

+1 Great suggestion @Chip_Brunk

(Paul Temple) #22

I can see both sides of the argument and so I think they should introduce the option to enable a Climb Elevation override.

For the data purists out there you can leave it off if you feel like “it doesn’t make sense” but there are a lot of us who spent $600 on something we want to go up and down when we are stuck indoors on a virtual course, but we also want regimented workouts.

Personally, I don’t care if the output watts doesn’t exactly match the elevation angle as long as the Climb is matching the course elevation profile. It is very disappointing that if I decide to use a structured workout my Climb just becomes something to hold up the front of my bike.

(Steve Holmes) #23

Paul, your comments reflect mine 100%. The climb is such an investment, but is rendered useless without this function in workout mode. Hear hear!!

Steve

iSent from iPhone X

(Glen Coutts, Ko S) #24

Yep. Plus one on that for me too. One of the things I really disliked about workouts in Zwift is that the gradient was not relevant in workout mode. Would like to see that implemented making the Climb a much more useful training tool.

(B Bike) #25

Is anyone keeping the Kickr Climb now that they’ve learned it’s missing this feature in workout mode?

I recently purchased it as a Christmas gift for the wife but we’re seriously considering returning it. As others said, without the workout feature plus actual movement from the climb it seems like one expensive front wheel that will never see a road, why bother with it?

(Daniel Guerra) #26

I just bought the CLIMB thinking that this would function with workouts. I have to say I am very disappointed in learning about this not working

(Andy Garrison) #27

Have the 2018 Kickr and CLIMB. Happy in free ride/event modes and haven’t tried in workout mode.

I do find it’s delayed a bit (sometimes 10 seconds or more. I figure this is on Wahoo’s side, but do wish it’d work better. Feel like Zwift and Wahoo should be much better coordinated since so much of their sales are linked together…