Kickr Climb in Workouts

Even if Zwift is modeling IRL cycling, they still have to use the communication protocol for smart trainers. And i don’t think the protocol has the option to send grade and watts (ERG) in ERG mode.

Traditional ERG mode is falling short then. Obviously the Climb is able to get grade data stream from Zwift via Kickr, and watts are always there.

They all need to put it together, as in move the industry forward.

Yes you should tell that to Wahoo.

Adding the option to input incline (gradient) while creating a custom structured workout. You can already add target power, and cadence why not gradient as well. That way we can create our own “course”. A perfect use case for this would be when riding a Best Bike Split course for a specific race, having gradient info would make it even more realistic.
I believe someone suggested it before.

1 Like

I used my Climb for the first time yesterday and loved it. I was free-riding the Alpe. I just came across this thread and have to say I’m disappointed to see it won’t function in workout mode. I get the reason why, but the idea that it should be that way doesn’t fly. There’s no reason the Climb shouldn’t lift me up just because I’m going faster or slower based on the power I’m doing in the workout. It does it when I’m not in a workout. The response from Wahoo above was kind of ridiculous in that sense (it would be like climbing at 55kg - no it wouldn’t, it would be like climbing at a speed based on your weight and power with the Climb reflecting the gradient).

Guess I’m off to tell Wahoo that…

1 Like

Yeah sounds a bit crap though. Sufferfest does ERG workouts that have gradient changes transmitted to the CLIMB. It’s the reason I jump between Zwift and Suff. If you really want to use the CLIMB on an ERG workout mode - just go suff

Sufferfest does ERG workouts that have gradient changes transmitted to the CLIMB. It’s the reason I jump between Zwift and Suff. If you really want to use the CLIMB on an ERG workout mode - just go sufferfest