Is the Samsung tab s5e compatible with Zwift?

Good morning Zwifters.

Dit anyone try or test the new Samsung Galaxy tab S5e yet? I’m currently using the Huawei p20 lite but want to upgrade to something bigger yet more affordable than the Samsung S4.

Looking forward to your response.

Ride on.

Latest list I could find …

Its a long thread but found these comments …

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback.

How’s the Galaxy Tab S5e getting on with supporting Zwift ?

Hi John. I did not buy it yet. I plan to buy it by Dec.

I can’t connect to Zwift with my Tab S5e anymore. It worked just fine october 10 but not when I tried multiple times october 27 it doesn’t. It’s nothing wrong with my trainer, Tacx Bushido, it’s connecting as it should to my phone, Sony Xperia xz2c.

start of Nov 2019.
Brand new Samsung s5e…tacx picks my bushido up straight away. … zwift not connecting at all

Quick update.
Zwift didn’t work through new samsung s5e
pretty miffed as Tacx connected pretty much straight away, albeit after a fiddle with bluetooth.
Looked at bluetooth settings and also system settings, saw an update was available. Updated new (I Push the word new as i’ve only just got tablet so hadn’t had time for updates etc.) available software, rebooted and low and behold zwift then found my bushido smart trainer.
Did try bluetooth ant+ dongle prior to the update and that didn’t work either, might try that again tomorrow.
Basically, if your s5e won’t connect to zwift and bluetooth apps, see if other software connects, if it does, look for any system updates.
Hope that helps

You also need to make sure that the trainer/sensors are not connected to your phone or any other app before opening Zwift, BLE only allows one connection at a time.

1 Like

Hi to all the Zwifters.
I finaly get my Samsung Tab S5e. I tryed it this morning for the first time. Everything connected the first time, except for cadance that i done twice before it worked. I dit 41km on Zwift watopia and everything worked perfect without any problems or hickups. It was a nice experience from my Huawei P20 screen to the 10.5 inch.

Hi Carel
I bought a s5e too but I didn’t succeed in pairing my elite direto and zwift. Do you use BT or ant+ ?
I only saw my heart sensor with ant+… :confused:

Hi!
All good here with my s5e and zwift.
Everything works fine. Just be sure to pair your trainer via Bluetooth in zwift directly (If it is already paired with your device, unpair it otherwise it won’t work).
Also ant+ (heartrate / cadence) worked without any issues! Go for it, the s5e is a great device!

1 Like

I used my S5e for the first time yesterday, the app crashed 3.8kms in, when I restarted it, it recognized that the prevous ride was not saved and resumed the ride. It put my avatar in the middle of the ocean!!

I didnt have any other apps running in the back ground, perhaps next time ill do a restart on the tablet before Zwifting. Otherwise everything paired and worked well, much easier than booting up the laptop!

1 Like

Like Pichler, Zwift on S5E has been perfect for about six months now. I’m using Wahoo Kickr Snap, Wahoo speed/cadence sensors and Schoshe HRM; all reconnect automatically. Only Zwift-related issue I had was trying to use a BT keyboard.

1 Like

Hi, just about to purchase a tab s5e, is zwift still working ok for you?

Yes, still perfect for me and it’s a great tablet!

1 Like

Excellent, thanks for your reply

I’v the same problem. Did You solve It?
In bluetooth It works perfect but ant+ find only heart sensor.

Hi Giampaolo
Try enabling location services on your tab before launching zwift.
that was the solution for me.
Don’t ask me why :sweat_smile:

I recently purchased the Samsung tab S5E in Jan 2022 based on these comments, and yes it works but with some minor glitches: 1) upon loading the program, the sound distorts 2) when in riding mode, some of the scenery is pixelated where the landscape struggles to orient itself. All in all, still great if you are JRA or training, but my ipad mini gen 5 didn’t have any of these minor issues. Tom in SF

1 Like