Will Zwift work on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 (2022)

Hi there, in the FAQ there is a question about android compatibility:
“If the app appears in the play store, it will be downloadable”.

But the fact is: I did not buy a tablet yet, planning to do so, but the Galaxy Tab S8 is way too expensive for what you can do with it.
So, will the Zwift app work on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8 (model 2022)?

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Works on my Tab S5e, gets a little stuttery but usually clears up, I run it plugged in as Zwift is a resource hog

The Galaxy Tab А8 appears to be able to run Zwift fairly well. We haven’t done any testing with it say just how well, but there are some Zwifters who use it

Hi, I am new to Zwift and i am just assessing it. However I got the app downloaded to my Samsung Galaxt A8 ok. I can start the Zwift app but it will not locate my Wattbike.
Any Ideas?
Paul

Paul.

You need to change the permissions with regards to location settings.

It’s a widespread problem.

If your tablet didn’t ask for permission the first time you opened the pairing screen you’ll probably need to add location permissions for Zwift manually. To do this open your Settings and find Location, from there look for “App access to location” and open it. You’ll probably need to scroll down into the “Not Allowed” section to find Zwift and change the permissions to “While using the app”

with zwift pulling support for older android versions, i need to seriously consider a new tablet. When running came to android i bought an S2 rather than a cheaper model just so i could use zwift to walk on a treadmill. i use a laptop when riding, which is my main activity.

i could probably get away without a zwifting tablet but it’s also useful for setting up workouts or some other functions that are best/only done in game. the laptop lives in the pain cave but the tablet is always handy in the living room

no way am i paying for an S8. The A8 wifi looks like it would be ok, although Android 12 might be there last update it gets.

which brings me to my question
are there any reasons not to use the A8 for occasional zwifting
are there other tablets that i really should consider? While I prefer to stay with samsung, it’s not essential

I have the A7 which is fine so I’ve no reason to believe the A8 wouldn’t work.

1 Like

I just got a new Samsung A8 (the version with 4 GB RAM) and I have to say the experience is awesome, it is a really big tablet that gives you a good range to see details and data. The tablet runs the game seamlessly, with excellent performance and no hiccups.
Regarding its connectivity Im using a Tacx Flow Smart Bike Trainer and a Fitcent HRM (with ANT+ and Bluetooth capacity). After a couple of rides, I can certify that everything connects and works perfectly (the trick is to give the App “While using the App” permission.)

Do you have a model number for the A8 you are using, I have an idea :bulb:.

It is a Galaxy Tab A8 / Model Number: SM-X200

1 Like

So, the idea worked?

1 Like

No it was out of the price range for now. :astonished::money_with_wings:

Maybe in the future.

1 Like

I’ve just bought a Samsung A8 tablet Zwift loads perfectly and music on intro screen is fine but once on the ride the sound goes all muffled sounds awful through the Samsung speakers yet with earphones or Bluetooth speakers sounds perfect I’ve seen a few people say exactly the same thing since April last year and there has been no fix for this yet films music etc all fine it’s just the Zwift app only when you get to the ride screen really disappointed may take it back.

There is a fix for this. Search the posts about running another app & it’ll sort it.

make sure you install ant usb services ,ant tester, ant radio services. ant+plugins service