IPAD losing my trainer mid ride

(Pieter Jordaan) #1

Recently I have had my IPAD lose the connection to my trainer (Tacx Vortex) mid ride, bringing me to a stop. happened this morning in a race which meant I couldn’t finish the race. Had the trainer and Ipad for about 18 Months now and never had any problems before

I exit, go and select the trainer again and it works fine again. Anyone else had this problem recently?

(Vincent W.) #2

Sorry to hear that! We do have a troubleshooting guide for dropouts in case you want to avoid this in the future: https://support.zwift.com/en_us/my-bluetooth-signal-is-dropping-running--BJkESEzU7

(Pieter Jordaan) #3

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for your reply. this use to work fine, the only thing that has changed was a recent update to zwift on my IPAD. None of the recommendations on the link seem to apply.

I am mostly curious to see if other people are experiencing similar problems.

Thanks

(Pieter Jordaan) #4

Just to add to this, its not like a drop out. the app seems to forget the trainer and then I have to go into the selection screen where I have to select my power source again. When I do that it works again.

If it was just a drop out I would expect it to reacquire the trainer when the signal comes back and wouldn’t need me to re-select the trainer

(Bug Riggs) #5

iPad user here. Yes!!! Same issue. All connections are a go and then I will suddenly loose resistance. I look down at trainer and I have a solid blue light. Normally it flashes. Have to exit program completely and close app, reopen. Troubleshooting guide no help either.

(Vincent W.) #6

Hey @KiwiGuy were you connecting your Tacx to another app before starting Zwift? Were you able to try disconnecting your trainer from all other devices completely, then starting Zwift?

@Bug_Riggs this sounds like a slightly different issue where your trainer is still paired but loses resistance. This is an issue we’re tracking with iOS devices currently. Can you send in a support conversation if you haven’t already and include your log files for those rides?

Here’s how to send your log files: https://support.zwift.com/en_us/how-do-i-find-my-log-files-running--HkFCtXX8m

(Bug Riggs) #7

The log files do not go back far enough to issues … but did hit the conversation link and sent more info.

(Vincent W.) #8

Thanks @Bug_Riggs! We also have a Known Issues post on the existing resistance issues mainly with iOS: BLE Resistance Issues (Mainly on iOS Devices)

(Pieter Jordaan) #9

I only use zwift with my trainer no other apps. When I use the tacx Utility I have full 5 bars signal so not any problems with signal strength.

Thanks
PJ

(Vincent W.) #10

Hey Pieter just looking for an update. Are you still experiencing this problem? If so I’d recommend sending in a support conversation and send in your log files for the rides where your trainer disconnects.