Instructions within Workout Request

I would like to see more instrauctions and explanations during workouts that are part of a workout plan.
In particular the 10/12 week FTP Builder by Marco Pinotti.
Add cadence instructions during the workout where appropriate.
My concrete example is that I am in week 8 of the workout and only now figure out that SFR means slow frequency, so at some point during the workout I should lower my cadence from the usual 93 to 105 per minute.
When? To which level? It took me 8 out of 12 weeks to understand that - that’s a pitty.

On the subject I found that a request had already been formulated, however it seems nothing was done. See below:

Blockquote Dennis Weerdenburg

Jan '18

Today I did the Day 2 Week 4 training of the 10/12WK FTP builder, that had the comment: SFR/ Tempo in it.

Now because of I’m trying to hold on to the whole program I looked up what a SFR training is: Slow Frequency Repetitions. So high power, low candance kind of stuff. When I was doing the workout, nothing was telling me that I should do this on a low candance. So if I didn’t do any research before, I would miss the whole point of the exercise. I feel like this could be optimized easily with a few more coaching terms of comments during the ride.

For me this would be very beneficial due to the lot of workouts I’m doing on Zwift (9/10 zwift rides are workouts). It could not only improve the quality of the workouts, it could also be used as a motivation tool during hard moments(not sure if everybody does like that).

I know that there are some people out there that see the benefit of these little adjustments in workouts. If you do, hit that ^ button!

Thank you guys!

• created

Jan '18

• [

last reply

Jan '18
](More commentary/ coaching during workouts - #3 by Jordan_Rapp)

replies

views

users

|45x45

Cleve Waterman 69y/oCleve_Waterman

Jan '18

I was on Trainer Road for about 6 months. The biggest difference I could see was that TR had a lot more commentary and coaching than Zwift in it’s workouts.

Jordan RappZwift Staff

Jan '18

It’s on my to-do list to update a lot of the more popular workouts with more messages. Certainly we’ve implemented this going forward, but it’s likely to be a slow process to retroactively update existing workouts. But I’m hopeful that I can. And certainly the point that more/better messaging is important has not been lost on us. Especially with group workouts, this is really something we emphasize. Not sure we’ll update every workout with more messaging, but I am hoping that some of the coaches that wrote the plans might want to take a stab at updating/improving them.

Ride On,

Jordan

Zwift Game Design

I am currently at week 6 of FTP 10-12 WEEK BUILDER and I also made some research about he meaning of SFR ( Slow Frequency Repetitions). What does it mean exactly? I normally keep a cadence between 90-95/sec. Is it too fast for SFR training? if yes, what should it be?

FTP Builder is quite comment training. Therefore, I should be modified quicklyin my opinion. What’s the point to follow a 10 weeks training without did it right?

2 Likes

Seems 10-12wk FTP builder workout plan is one of the most popular and recommended workout plans to boost FTP during the winter. But it wasn’t updated with applicable messages (eg. about required cadence for intervals) as requested. Even more, it has been removed from workout plans after workout library reorganization. Can you at least provide info about recommended cadence for workouts from this plan? I can update .zwo files by myself and drop the files after update here.