Inaccurate cadence reading

Hi. I have read that there are many people having issue with inaccurate cadence readings. Has anyone had a fix for this?
I am using Wahoo speed and cadence sensors fixed to my bike(not smart trainer)
Cadence is reading correct on wahoo element and sensors have got a new battery’s.

Are you having an issue with inaccurate cadence readings?

If not, then there’s nothing to fix.

People report problems for a lot of reasons… there isn’t one standard fix.

If I use the cadence signal from my Direto, it tends to be erratic at high cadence and/or under light load, but becomes more reliable as resistance increases and cadence settles down. Still, it’s variable enough that it makes workouts with cadence targets frustrating so…

I usually pair my Garmin cadence sensor instead. That can also be a bit quirky when I’m first starting out. Sometimes, I’ll start riding and my avatar’s feet don’t move. The bike will move, but cadence reads 0 rpm and avatar doesn’t pedal. When this happens, I give the cadence sensor (attached to my crank arm) a flick or two with my fingers to wake it up then start pedaling again. Works every time, and - once I’m riding, it works perfectly for hours.

1 Like

I am on a Tacx Neo 2T Cadence is way out Readout says 64 when cadence is actually 80. Any advice?

How do you know it’s 80 an not 64?

Unlike most trainers, the Neo actually has a hardware sensor to measure cadence. But its accuracy relies on the cranks being positioned close enough to the body of the trainer to detect each revolution. Perhaps yours is marginally positioned, and if your cranks are on the shorter side then that might be the issue.

Hi, NOT to sound cocky, I have been cycling since 1996. I know the difference between 60RPM and 80RPM😊

image001.png

Not convinced i could tell the difference to 16 revs difference and without having an actual guaranteed reading it would be hard to tell.

The 80 you think you were doing might never have been 80 unless you’ve got something else that’s measured it accurately.
I’ve not seen any reports of the Neo 2T being inaccurate.
The original Neo perhaps as that measured cadence differently.

Other way around; the OG estimated cadence the usual way, the 2 onwards have a physical sensor that can be iffy. Some people have extended their cranks with a spanner to better activate the sensor.

I didn’t consider the OP having shorter cranks.

Jan, are you running short cranks or are they passing short of the sensor?