Improve accuracy of route profile (Top Right Corner Incline UI)

Good day,
First off, thank you for all the new changes and updates. We as users are really feeling the love!

I’ve been doing a few races and rides and found that the top right corner does not always show the current route’s incline. Instead it shows the “standard” or “default” incline of that map.
This can mess with your race if you’re as inexperienced as I am. I use that information to know when to save energy and when to push(especially since I’m using a dumb trainer-keeping up to smart trainers at inclines takes some practise).
I understand that Zwift does not know which route you’ll take, but you will always select a certain route, and it should display that route’s incline. With group rides and races there are no way to go off-route in any case.

I’ve found it mentioned briefly in the forums, but it never got an answer:

Now off to get my steering sorted before my ride!

When taking part in an event (such as a race) that’s using a specific course, please could the profile at the bottom of the mini map reflect the course you are going to take. At present the profile seems to be generic (IE climbs on Watopia) rather than reflecting the actual course you are going to take as determined by the event organiser. Often I have given myself a shock by looking at the ‘climbing’ to come, before realising the event is taking a different route, and after a turn in the road the map shows the correct profile - for a bit until the next turn!

2 Likes

When riders select a predetermined route, it would be useful if the elevation map in the top right reflected the route itself. Please make the elevation map with lap mark, sprints and KOMs match the selected route. Thanks!

For instance, no matter which route I ride in France, Ventoux is always displayed on the elevation map, as if I am going to ride that climb. As a secondary consequence of the elevation map displaying the entire “world”, many sprints and KOMs do not appear on the elevation map, thus giving the rider no preparation time to encounter that segment. A rider would usually anticipate a sprint by increasing speed heading into the sprint, but that’s difficult to do when the sprint doesn’t appear on the elevation map and is almost imperceptible as a green marker on the road due to volume of riders.

It’s been like this for years. No hint of acknowledgement so like most annoying things on zwift no hope for a fix. Just get used to it.

I’ve had several thousand miles of getting used to it, but that doesn’t make it any more palatable. Seems like it should be an easy fix, but then, I don’t write game software.

When riders select a predetermined route, it would be useful if the elevation map in the top right reflected the route itself. Please make the elevation map with lap mark, sprints and KOMs match the selected route. Thanks!

For instance, no matter which route I ride in France, Ventoux is always displayed on the elevation map, as if I am going to ride that climb. As a secondary consequence of the elevation map displaying the entire “world”, many sprints and KOMs do not appear on the elevation map, thus giving the rider no preparation time to encounter that segment. A rider would usually anticipate a sprint by increasing speed heading into the sprint, but that’s difficult to do when the sprint doesn’t appear on the elevation map and is almost imperceptible as a green marker on the road due to volume of riders.