How to give a ride on to riders who give you one?

While riding you can see the name of a rider that just gave you a “ride on”. If that rider is near you you can click on them and give them a RO back. But often they aren’t near you. Is there a way to return the favor?

Also, when ending a session you can see who gave you RO’s. There is an icon to the right of their names that you can cycle through 3 different options. What are those options?

(Btw, Zwift needs a comprehensive User’s Manual)

I would like to give ride ons to the people who gave me them after my ride is over (can’t reach keyboard during ride). I always click on the thumbs up beside everyone’s name who gave me one during my ride afterward but I know it doesn’t do anything. Please change that.

1 Like

Just a reminder, not all Ride Ons are give while using the Zwift App. I give a lot of mine while sitting at my desk at work or on the couch using the Zwift Companion App.

What make you think it does not do anything? I usually get a lot of ride-on’s after the rides I lead and I know it is from riders doing like you described.

I just assumed it did nothing since you get no feedback in the form of a click animation but did it anyway. Always made me feel disconnected from the community in a small way.

Edit: Just to be clear, I am talking about after I have clicked “End Ride” and get a list of people who gave me ride ons with thumbs beside their name.

1 Like

How do you do this?
I cannot reach my laptop when I am riding. I would really like to return and sometimes give others a ride when I see them.

1 Like

Just use the Zwift Companion App.

1 Like

Hi G.W

you could also use a mouse or trackpad.
I have one on a desk next to me, its really useful.

2 Likes

The new time trial mode does not show who sent a ride-on. and in the pens, you never know who it is either.

2 Likes

This is strange as i have given ride ons and i dind’t get the 3 ride ons badge

1 Like

I know I can use Zwift Companion to do this, but I can’t always find the rider in the list of people near me. There should be an easy way to click on a button that would bring up the profile of someone who was kind enough to give me a ride on. Then I could return the favor!

8 Likes

Cleve…I agree with you. It’s cumbersome to have to switch screens in the Companion app to “Zwifters Near Me” and find the person who gave me a Ride On so I can reciprocate. There should be a button you can press that would give a Ride On to THAT person. BOOM! GOOD DEED DONE!! Call me crazy, but I love giving Ride Ons…especially to those who have extended the encouragement to me first.

6 Likes