How do you know the direction of a race during your chosen route?

How do you know which direction to turn to stay on a timed race that comes up during a particular route? Is this just by experience with certain routes or is there a feature I’m missing?
Also, when turns come up I’m assuming they take you off your chosen route unless you allow the automatic choice?
Thx for any insight.

Typically during an event the direction options don’t even appear (at least not on Apple TV). If they do, though, don’t choose anything and you should stay on the correct route.

1 Like

I think you’re talking about the timed KOMs/sprints and laps that sometimes appear on the left hand side or top of the screen.

This is one of Zwift’s many quirks. They appear when you’re riding on the start of one of those timed segments. But the route that you’ve selected may well turn off from that segment before you finish it.

For example, if you ride the Roule Ma Poule route in France, then soon after the start you start climbing, and you pass the start point for the Ven-Top climb so the Ven-Top KOM timer starts. But at the junction at the top of the Petit KOM the route turns you left (away from the Ven-Top climb) and the timer disappears.

So those can be confusing at first, because they can make you think your route is really taking you on the whole segment that’s started.

Best thing to do is to make sure you understand the selected route using a resource like Complete Master List of All Zwift Course Routes | Zwift Insider

1 Like