How did he finish TDZ Stage 1 (C) in 2 minutes and 23 secs?

zid 2556541 on ZwiftPower

I was in this race today (see above), in C category and somehow the person the first place winner of C finished the course, of 13.6 km, in 2 mins 23 seconds.

Obviously it’s a bug, but how could it happen? Did they find a shortcut route lol?

Late Join is effectively a shortcut. You’ll get placed with the leaders on the road so you could easily start the ride 12km in and then you’d have to just ride the last 1.6km which would give you a quick time.

It looks like the results on ZwiftPower don’t show the 2 min 23 sec finisher anymore. Maybe his time has been adjusted to count from the start of the ride or maybe his time has just been deleted. Hard to know without knowing any more than what you have posted.

2 Likes

Ah interesting, I thought he was removed before too but then he came back. I suppose the different servers could be syncing up now.

I thought I read that while Late Join is permitted, the late join times won’t be in the results just for this very reason.

Maybe it’s sorted now.

Ya, seems like it sorted itself out.

Thanks everyone for the info about Late Join. I assumed it would have placed those riders at the back of the peloton but evidently not :thinking: