Help with crashes

Hi there

I am sure this has been asked before but could anyone offer me some advice on avoiding zwift crashes?

My wifi is generally good but I was getting some many frozen situations (about 70%) and it always seems to happen when on group rides (half way round london prl half was the most annoying…today’s was 15 mins from the end of a ftp test and 1km from the end of a new route…)

To ensure it is not my wifi I have hooked my laptop up with a wireless 4g hotspot but I am still getting crashes.

Is it likely the game, the wifi/connection or my laptop (it is a fairly decent one)

Any advice or help most welcome

Cheers
Rich

You’ll need to provide a lot more information about your laptop’s specifications. But it won’t be your network.

Thanks for the response.

It is a Microsoft surface laptop

• Intel® Core™ i5-1035G7 Processor
  • RAM: 8 GB / Storage: 128 GB SSD

That is about as far as my laptop tech knowledge goes Dave!

Good news is it’s nothing you’re doing wrong, there’s a big long thread on here where people with integrated graphics on 10th gen Intel processors like yours are having random crashes.

Bad news is there’s no known fix other than using something else to run the game.

1 Like

Urgh. I have another laptop but i have had freezes on that too. Maybe go back to an iPad…

It’s bloody annoying either way but thanks for your response.

Dave , i also have a Lenovo idea pad

• Intel® Core™ i3-10110U Processor
  • RAM: 4 GB / Storage: 128 GB SSD

Am I likely to have the same issue with this one?

Thanks
Rich

Same generation processor, so I’m afraid so yes.

Thank you. I couldn’t find the thread in question but i hope they sort this as I’m guessing that is a fairly common processor and I’m not the only one having this issue…

Anyway I’ll leave you in peace! Thanks for the help :grinning:

It’s mainly in this one (onwards), but there are many references elsewhere: Zwift Crashing/Freezing Mid ride - #51 by Boris_K_PCR

PS: loads of other probably unrelated stuff in that thread. But 10th gen comes up time and time again.