Heart Rate Monitor dropouts since update (Bluetooth/Garmin HR)

Since the latest bigger update a few days ago my Heart Rate (HR) Monitor from the Garmin Edge 1030 Bundle is experiencing dropouts. The dropouts are usually just 2 seconds long, HR monitor immediately reconnects itself without me manually doing it. Furthermore, the red line showing the Heart Rate of the last few minutes is way less volatile, meaning there is less data. Screenshots are hopefully self-explanatory.

I believe this is a Zwift problem which came a long with the update a few days ago, because I have never experienced it before and it started with the first ride after the update and it occured in every single ride since then.

Troubleshooting done myself:

Battery low? No, exchanged with a brand new one
Heart Rate monitor problem and not Zwift? No, no problems with connecting to another device (Garmin Edge 1030 in this case)
Bluetooth<->PC<->device problem? Unlikely. Problem ONLY occured after the latest update plus Tacx Neo 2 Smart connected to Zwift via Bluetooth aswell with no dropouts.

Screenshots:

You can also see the dropouts if you zoom into the data analysis if a ride on strava:

Anyone else experiencing this issue, especially with Garmin HR Monitor and bluetooth connection?
Is this a known problem by now?

Problem remains, no solution found. Is Zwift staff reading this or should I rather contact them via support?

Yes, I have the same issues except my drop outs are about every 2-5 mins for 3-5 seconds. Any solution found? I have had better results restarting my computer before every zwift and turning off all other Bluetooth devices.

Hi. No solution I found and the problem still occurs. I am rather annoyed by it, since I like clean Data.
I don’t know - but if this was purposely done by Zwift to save server load this was probably a step too far IMO.

I’m having the exact same issue here with the Garmin HRM Dual. Random drop outs. Seems to be a problem with Zwift as it works normally with other devices etc

Are Zwift aware it’s a bug?

Not sure. But since I like clean data, I’d love to see it working as it did before the change in early May 2020.

Yes I’m having exactly the same issue too - using a wahoo heart strap. Never had the issue before. Thought it was the battery in the heart rate monitor, but still doing it even with a new battery.

Did you just get it recently or also with the May Update (around when I made the thread)?

I have the same issue using a Garmin Dual over BT although not as bad as some others; connection drops usually every 5 mins or so for a couple of secs. It started a few months ago so around the May update. I’m currently using ant+ and I’m not experiencing any such issues.

Same Here. Dropouts every Several minutes. Also Watt/cardence drops on Saris H3. Before the Update i Had no issues

New information after today’s ride:

The heart rate rerfreshes only every 4 seconds (provided there is a change). You can easily figure that out if you start sprinting (quick increase in HR, only showing all 4 secs an increase) or by slowing down quickly after a sprint (quick decrease in HR, only showing all 4 secs a decrease).

I am very sure (99,9%) that this is written in the code and was changed back in May, when server load was struggling due to Covid-19 and Zwifters reached new peaks.

Dropouts seem to occur if there is no data update for 5 (5+?) seconds straight, not too sure about that.

Conclusion:

• To fix the more annoying thing (dropouts) probably the 5 seconds (see above) could be changed to 10 seconds?

• Server load decreased by now a lot, can the update be changed back from 4 seconds (see above) back to 1 or 2 seconds?