Handicap/Disability Categories

If we cannot get a Handicap/Disability category for us who ride out of category.
Maybe it would attract even more users.
I do not mind to ride as the last always.
Or as one of the last 4.
I’m a hand bike rider. And miss an avatar.
And disability categorization.
Disability category:
G1 = 4.1 w / kg and above
G2 = 3.5-4.0 w / kg
G3 = 2.9-3.4 w / kg
G4 = 2.8-2.1 w / kg
G5 = 2.0 w / kg and below
Handicap/Disability category could be great.
It would give Parasport new opportunities in Zwift, and give us Handicap e-Cyclists a place to run against each other. If we can both see and compare ourselves with each other.
Comparing us to ordinary cyclists can be a bit of an exercise. Since my cadence is much lower. And I use the arms and the others use the legs. I can’t stand the pedals and give it a little extra.
On a good day and a short ride I can push myself to 1.3 w/kg but on long trips I am at 1.0-1.1 W/kg on average.
Think about it.
I love to ride Zwift and hope to attract Parasport e-Cycling and make it a real e-Sport worldwide.
!Ride On…

Brilliant! I hope Zwift agree and can act quickly on this!

3 Likes

Brilliant idea! That’s an absolute “No brainer”! Go for it Zwift!

2 Likes

I fully agree with Michael. Their are many handcyclist in this ecosystem that would like to see this accomplished. I my self am a quadriplegic and ride at an average of .03w/kg - .07w/kg.

3 Likes

As. Recumbent Trike rider on Zwift I totally agree would be great to compare my abilities to those riding similar equipment vs a traditional DF bike!!! It’s much harder to climb and make big power for long durations on three wheels

2 Likes

I’ve been riding The Alpe Dash by Herd Racing on Alpe Du Zwift the ride took 3 hours and 20 minutes.
And never have I had so much pain in my arms because of cycling.
But also a great feeling to reach the goal. <3
And with 110 watts on average. Is it a really long trip. When cycling with the arms.

Agreed, I’ve voted towards this. I’m not a hand cyclist but I have one arm and class myself as a paracyclist. I also requested we can custom our avatars to reflect the above, and have hand cycle options, if we can custom our hair style then why the heck not!

Ride on!

1 Like

This has been requested numerous times and as a Handcyclist myself been tryign since 2016. Best thing to do is have a search before creating a new feature request as what needs to happen is the ones that are there alerady need to be up voted.

I think the most popular one is this one, get up voting.
https://forums.zwift.com/t/paracyling-added-to-zwift-handcycles-and-recumbant-bikes/44075