Handcycle Avatar

Hi there, adding a general request for a handcyclists avatar. I know there are a lot of us now on Zwift and our numbers are increasing.

If you need anything to help with graphics I have footage of me professionally taken from a van next to me and from drones that I’d be happy to share if that would help.

Thank you!

Make sure you also vote up the existing requests so Zwift knows what the users want: Search results for 'Handcycle' - Zwift Forums

3 Likes

I’d love to have this too. For some reason it is not allowing me to vote though

I would love to upvote this, but I don’t see a way of doing so.

Click Vote to the left of the title of the thread.

When I clicked on the number of votes just to the left of the thread title, I got a row of pictures of those who voted. When I clicked on the word “Limit” below the number of votes, I got the “403 Error” message. I do not see “Vote” to the left of the title of the thread.

Maybe oh voted already? Either way I added my vote for you.

Thanks Paul.

ZWIFT could actually take Para Cycling to the next level. Having already partnered with the UCI, it should be a quick fix to couple the Para Cycling Metric Data Table (Handicap tables issued in the UCI rule book) to the Watts performed per sporting class (C5 to C1; T3 to T1; H5 to H1).

Having Para Cycling Races on Zwift would help make the sport more accessible across the globe.

2 Likes

It could be great with such an avatar.
I also think it would attract more users.
It could be that we could make events for handbike in upcoming updates.
If Zwift wants to collaborate around it.
And attracting other riders.
I am a club run myself in Dansk Håndcykel Klub.
But love to ride my bike online too.

Hi

Every time I meet a rider on a handcycle in Zwift I actually get slightly annoyed with Zwift not offering an appropriate avatar for these riders :roll_eyes:
These girls/guys are so bada$$ and deserve all the respect and recognition for just “riding on” without having the legs like the rest of us… how hard can it be to make that avatar - Zwift ? :wink:

I am struggling to get my average speed up to 17 kph. So it would be nice if we had our own avatar. Hope it comes someday.
I love cycling and it’s great to have a sport you love.
But yes most people I meet run faster than me.
So that would be nice with some more focus. And the opportunity for hand bike riding to recognize each other.
And make events for handbiker. I would like to.

1 Like

I am new in Zwift, it’s a very nice training program.
To have a handcycle avatar it’s very important for us. I hope zwift it’s working on this!!!
Do you know if they are working on it?
Cheers!!

2 Likes

Check out our weekly Paracycling Group Ride on Wednesday (22.04) at 19:00 CET. I made it so athletes can connect with friends, fans and competitors from around the world even though the races have been cancelled. Open to everyone to show their support for para cycling [The at Home Cycling & Running Virtual Training App]

That happened to me too - but then I saw under the row of thumbnail pics, a button that says “Vote”

Added in September 2022 :ride_on: