Group Workout through Meetup

Awesome news!!! I will give it a try!! Thanks :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Itā€™s three steps, basicallyā€¦

1. Join the meetup (which has been set up with the ā€œkeep everyone togetherā€ option).
  2. Everyone choose the same workout before the clock counts down to 0.
  3. Do the workout as a group!
4 Likes

When everyone selects the workout, does the first interval start exactly once the countdown for the meetup hits zero? I hope thatā€™s the case so that everyone doing the same workout is actually doing the intervals at the same time.

I think so, but you will have to test it.

Just would like know how can I create a meetup using my own exercise instead only ride. Is it possible?
I have some training created thru Trainingpeaks and I wanted share this training with my friends creating a meetup but I didnā€™t find option to choose training.
Can anyone help?

Thanks and ride on.

Hi @Roger_Santos, Welcome to the forum.

If you scroll up in the post you will see how you can do it. Remember to send all your friends the same workout.

Thanks Gerrie, Iā€™ll try those stepsā€¦

1 Like

Thanks very much Eric. I did this today and, while itā€™s not as good as a proper workout (primarily in its integration with Companion), it let my wife and me do a workout together.

It would be nice if Zwift could make it a fully fledged part of the meetup rather than having to do a workaround to get it to kinda work.

1 Like

What differences did you find between a normal workout and the one in meetup?

Firstly, it was a bit of a faff to set it up - having to go into workouts while in the meetup zone rather than selecting it from a dropdown menu, or the like, when creating a meetup.

Regarding the actual workout itself, it doesnā€™t show you a proper workout screen in Companion so you canā€™t look at it to ensure your Wattage is within acceptable parameters or see what other blocks are coming up etc.

I know you can see the next ā€˜so manyā€™ blocks on the main screen of Zwift itself but itā€™s handy having it on Companion too.

Oh, and I donā€™t think I could switch ERG mode on and off (I could be wrong about that) and it was slightly more awkward to change the bias of the workout (which I always do because Iā€™m not very fit and my FTP is probably out of date and higher than it should be).

2 Likes

We tried the steps, I choose a workout , my wife a free ride, setting was keep together, but that did not have the expected effect. Nor ERG mode. No erg, only after my wife stopped her session then ERG came on. Appletv + laptop setup.
Switching erg off and on in companion app did nothingā€¦

Yes, it would be great, expecially in this Corona period, to help friends and teams to stay together

1 Like

It would be nice to have a workout pre-selected for the meetup just like the Events that have associated workouts.

1 Like

But i want the workout to be embedded in the meet up so people dont have to go look or load just join and ride

I would like to meet up with my friends and do the same wo from Zwift.

Thomas

You need to link your training peaks account to your Zwift account.

The bike workout in training peaks must be built with power.

If these two criteria are met and you open Zwift on the day that you have the workout scheduled in your training peaks Callander, then you will find the workout in Zwift custom workouts under Training peaks Custom Workouts.

If you want others to do the same workout during a meet-up you can export your scheduled workout from TP as a zwo file and share.

I schedule one or two meetup for training by weeks, itā€™s hard for participants to understand the good way tu choose right training before the begenning of the meetup !

Is there any update from Zwift, if this feature is going to be easily built in? So all can join a meet-up and same workout?

Concerning the issue of not seeing a proper workout tab as an option when in a meetup, I also find thatā€™s annoying. This would be very useful feature to add!

I am a youth cycling coach at a quite large cycling club. During summer we split into multiple groups to cater for everyoneā€™s needs - not to drop the youngest riders or bore the older ones with too much waiting.

We just started doing Zwift in winter. Splitting in several groups is more difficult to do here since everyone is in the same physical room (or at least on the same Discord channel). So being able to challenge everyone according to ability (same as the existing group workout events) seems like such a must-have functionality that I am really surprised it is not included in the meetups as is.

Perhaps this will be possible with the upcoming clubs feature. I am not a beta tester, though. @Eric_Schlange_ZwftIn or some of the other commenters that are in the clubs beta, will group workout events be included here?