Group Workout Description

Love the group workouts! They’ve opened up more group ride opportunities for me even with my modest FTP.

A couple of suggestions:

Please add the workout builder graph to the event description. (I’ve seen this mentioned in other threads and I voted up those comments.)

Could the Workout Designer section be abbreviated? Some, not all, are quite extensive. I appreciate the time and energy it takes to put these training sessions together, but when looking for a workout, I’m less concerned with the bio of the coach than I am with the workout itself. Maybe a link to a web page could be used in lieu of a lengthy description.

Barb,

I hear you, and we are working on a few ideas - some you’ve mentioned and others that you haven’t - to try to address this. For now, I’ve tried to help make group workouts more navigable by:

• shortening up the titles and trying to make them more quantified whenever possible. So a lot more “2x10min z3” or “5x5min VO2max” or just something that gives you at least some idea of what the workout is from the title
  • putting the workout description first in the event listing. I try to keep the workout designer bios short, but I also make sure that the core information - “ABOUT THIS WORKOUT” is the very first thing - so that you do not need to read past that heading
  • making sure we have quantitative, informative, and descriptive workout flow. I try not to force coaches to be totally rigid. And some workouts don’t always lend themselves to easy descriptions, but as much as possible, you should see a pretty clear flow of what the workout is in the “ABOUT…” I realize it’s not graphical, but I hope it’s better than when we started. Though not as good as it could be.

In any case, making everything here better is pretty much my top priority, so I welcome the feedback. And I’m certainly on task when it comes to your concerns here. Thanks for sharing. And for Zwifting.

Ride On,

Jordan

Zwift Game Design (I manage 100% of the group workouts)

If you are looking for the workout graphs you are in Luck, Zwifthacks created a way to do just that. Take a look at the two links below.

https://zwifthacks.com/group-workout-graphs-and-more/

https://zwifthacks.com/app/events/

Thanks for the reply, Jordan. I’m sure there are as many ideas about how improve Zwift as there are users. I appreciate everyone’s hard work behind the scenes.

It’s not too bad finding workouts, but I think if they were presented visually, it would be a lot easier for people to understand and quickly sort out what they’re looking for. I had assumed the workouts were controlled by a predetermined workout plan and were not done in real time by the ride leader. If they are, that’s a whole other ballgame!

I’d personally love to see progressive, structured multi-session group workout programs that are also available as individual workouts. The intent would be to ride with the group, but would also allow a given session to be made up as an individual workout when conflicts arise.

Gerrie - Thanks for the info! That’s exactly what I was looking for. Hopefully the Zwift team can add those graphs to their own descriptions.

Hi Barb,

Group Workouts are indeed controlled in advance by a workout file - just like any other workout in Zwift.

The Zwift Fondo workout plan exists entirely in group workouts (I wrote it), but we will soon have it available individually. More coming on this track shortly…

//Jordan