Great results with FTP Builder

Just wanted to offer some feedback for any other new riders considering the six-week FTP Builder. My FTP before the program (3 weeks after getting back on the bike after 10+years) was 133. After finishing the program I tested at 224, a 68% increase. I did all the workouts without missing a day, and supplemented them with a few group rides and completed all the TDZ stages. So a couple of weeks saw some pretty heavy workloads, but I tapered down on non-workout rides the last week and a half to be fresh for the FTP test. Hope this helps.

great work!!

2 Likes

Real great increase!
I took the longer ftp builder (12 weeks?), but the results weren’t that great 10 watts more.
I’m now on the TT Tune up (8 weeks) and after 4 weeks I’m feeling faster/better already. But be warned :slight_smile: that plan is (imho) really hard.

That’s amazing results, congrats!

Looking to start that FTP builder soon too.

1 Like

That’s amazing!!!.. and inspiring. I just now finished Week 5, Day 2. I have been sticking to the plan, and have also had a few rides in between (nothing heavy or long). Today however, i could not, for the life of me, do the last 4min interval. Im really bummed because up until now, I’ve felt success. I had bern keeping to the schedule, the workouts were jusy tough enough, and i felt like a winner when i finished. Do you recommend i keep on with the plan? Keep doing this day until i conquer it? Fimish the week and do it over. Finish the 2 weeks then repeat them?