Graphics quality on Apple TV 4K 2022

Hello Guys,

I’ve been using Zwift for several years now and I decided to purchase the last apple tv 4k of 2022 (it was released beginning of this month).
Zwift starts very quickly in comparison to my laptop and the interface is very responsive.

However, the graphics quality is very low. For instance there’s no shadows at all. When I look at screenshots from old apple tv of 2018, shadows are displayed properly and overall graphics look better.

How is this possible as the new apple tv is much more powerful?
Maybe specific display profiles are not available yet for the new device?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Because Zwift haven’t accounted for it yet, so it’s defaulting to the Apple TV HD graphics profile. This also happened when the 2021 4K model was released.

Whilst Apple does have open access beta testing programs for its software, its much more restricted for hardware betas. I would suspect that Zwift have had the same duration of access to the new Apple TV as you have.

It’s the same hardware found in the iPhone 13 and 14 series, and iPad Mini. As such they’ve effectively had access to it for over a year. It’s just the profile which needs assigning. Will probably be sorted next week.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, I hope that the dev team will have some time soon to sort this out.
In the meantime will install zwift on an iphone 13 to see if it looks better.

Sorry but no. “Same chipset” is not quite the same as “the same hardware”. Worked with enough hardware teams to know where that sort of assumption leads. Yes, you can make a lot of good estimates of the device capabilities, but the proof will still only be when you get hands on access.

Fair enough, but they all get Basic profile in Zwift anyway.