Graphic problem - rectangle of shadows flickering on the ground around avatar

Hello,

I’ve installed Zwift on my new computer (Ryzen 5 2600 and AMD RX 590 ). As I launched Zwift for my (almost daily) session, it appears that a rectangle of shadows is flickering around the cyclist (see attached picture), which make the software almost unusable.

I’ve deinstalled / resinstalled Zwift, did the same for the pilot of the graphic card and same for DirectX. Still no improvement…
Could you please help me to fix it ? Any idea would be welcome: I can’t train at the moment…

As English is not my mother tongue, I hope that my explanation is clear enough…
Thank you for your time and I’ll be happy to post more information if required.
Sebastien

(Edit : added 2nd picture for more details)

Forwarding this over, thanks for the screenshots! Have you checked your driver for any updates?

Hello Vincent,
I checked prior to posting and yes, the pilots are up to date. I tried other games, like battlefield 4 and the setup works like a charm…
So definitely a Zwift problem I think… :slightly_frowning_face:

Just putting this up in case you didn’t know. A recent Zwift update (December '18 I think) changed the way your video card is detected and what level of graphics you are allowed to choose. An idiotic approach to game graphics settings, but this is where we’re at. Your card is not in Zwift’s detection list so you are getting basic graphics. Same thing happens with my nvidia 1660Ti, but I can get the high graphics level, just not ultra. It’s a zwift problem since now they will have to update the gpu discovery list to support new hardware like the 590 and 1660 cards.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. Albeit nearly 18 months later core i7 6700 processor with a Radeon RX 480 GPU. Have contacted support and got told my computer didn’t meet the minimum requirements!

1 Like

Have been having same issues with brand new computer, Windows 11, Intel i7 Evo. Not sure what type of GPU though.
My issue is shadows over different riders, following then as a big cloud wherever they go, and in group rides it is more evident as the shadow is following the whole group all the time. Really annoying.

Did you find a way to solve this problem?
I got a new Laptop last month and have the same problems. All drivers are updated and all other games are working perfectly.

I could not find an answer and was not able to identify the issue. Tried different setups in my laptop and no success.
My laptop is brand new with lots of memory. Not sure why this happens.

It turns out my issue is slightly different though - instead of a rectangle/pixeled shadow, I have the full shadow.

I got used to riding a lot in the shade. It seems the “dark cloud” that moves along with me is actually from other riders. When I’m riding alone, I only come across it when it is hanging over some specific riders.
Of course, as I usually ride in groups, races and most of the time with B and C Pace Makers, it is more likely to have this kind of rider with the cloud, so the whole ride is under the annoying shadow, even in the middle of Fuego Flats.

Wish someone could help me understand why it happens and how to fix it.

Thx
Thiago

Thanks for your answer. I also have full shadows, especially in big group events, like ToW or Pace Partner Rides. Riding in the “dark” is not fun. So i decided to quit Zwift, because i don´t think this problem would be solved in the foreseeable future.

Reminds me of a graphic glitch that I am experiencing on my AMD/Windows 11 machine (Ryzen 5600, Radeon 5700XT, high frame rate setup restricted to 100 Hz due to avatar flickering) yet it is much less pronounced on my system. Anything to solve this by now?

1 Like

same problem than you with aa Radeon RX 6600